ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

New captcha system uses empathy to block bots (and sociopaths)

<< < (3/4) > >>

app103:
Dislike this. I try to keep my opinions reasonably to myself, but if any site brought up the whole gay question and wanted me to say I was appalled that someone says gays should be beat [sic] with a stick, I would find next site. A bit tactless topic
-Fred Nerd (October 07, 2012, 05:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's why I said they were bad for business. Your reaction is one of the reactions that would lead to lost sales.

sword:
I think it could be made to work and might be useful. Choices could be subtle and reflect 'most like' or 'least like' how you feel. Adding 'neutral' choices, (don't care) might be of benefit. Reactions to a picture might be even more revealing. Which person in this scene is the least like you? Some 'types' have an exaggerated need to win or dominate.

Fred Nerd:
Thanks for the link, Renegade. VERY interesting reading. Makes me glad that I come from a rural area and never wasted too much time on 'higher' education.

Why is it that generally the people branded 'intolerant' are the ones who'd help anyone who was broken down beside the road, or needed a feed, but the 'open-minded' wouldn't stop for a hitchiker?
And the 'cruel farmers' will put down a pet when its too old to enjoy life, while society keeps pets alive on expensive medicine, BUT advocates assisted suicide for people?

Back to topic. Ok, say with pictures, you have a picture of Bambi being shot: personally that means tasty venison. So I'd get the question wrong (out of stubborness I'd answer 'very happy'). Every one else would get a negative vibe.

Put a 'happy' picture up, and a plate of crispy bacon that is meant to make everyone drool and answer 'hungry' has just offended a million jews and muslims.

Renegade:
Thanks for the link, Renegade. VERY interesting reading. Makes me glad that I come from a rural area and never wasted too much time on 'higher' education.
-Fred Nerd (October 10, 2012, 07:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Glad you found it interesting! :D

However, I should warn you, I put that in a spoiler for a good reason.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.-Aristotle
--- End quote ---

There are extremely few "educated minds" out there, and if you mention that link/essay/author, people will FREAK OUT on you and start accusing you of all kinds of things, like being a sociopath (gotta get a word in from the title to stay kind of on topic ;) ). Do be careful when talking about it or mentioning the author's name.

As for "higher education", sometimes I think you've got to be high to think that it's actually education. :P ;D

sword:
@Fred Nerd, Reply 12: "...Ok, say with pictures..."

Picture presented (actors or drawing, not real):
Accident scene, five people, two injured, one of the injured and one other are crying, the non-crying injured person and bystander are afraid, only two are tall and one of the tall ones is wearing anti-social clothing and accessories.

Instructions: Place a number after only one of the following

How many are tall___, crying___, dangerous___, hurt___, afraid___?

Score for any entry (not shown): tall, 0; crying, -1; dangerous, 0; hurt, +1; afraid, -1

The lower the score, the higher the risk of dealing with a sociopath, who would be expected to disagree with this.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version