ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to prevent browser tab clutter for Firefox and Chrome?

<< < (5/6) > >>

omnray:
I love the sheep icon being used for the clone option! So cool...  ;D
-brotherS (October 04, 2012, 12:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

What else can represent cloning process : )))
Not even remember is I think about some other options or not : )

f0dder:
Not everybody has or can afford extra RAM.
-f0dder (October 04, 2012, 10:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
Really?
16gb (2x8), for notebook, cost 70$
cannot afford this?-omnray (October 04, 2012, 02:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes - for some people, that's half a month of dinners.

I'm glad I'm not there anymore, but not everybody are as lucky.

omnray:
-f0dder (October 04, 2012, 02:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
Such people anyway have more important tasks than sit in front of the net and open crazy amount of tabs ; )

BTW I am practicing freelancer. And i work for example through odesk. Even Philippians - who always be the lowest paid workforce now work
for 12-14$ per hour... So yes, there really exist somebody for whom this is a year salary, but most likely they not have a PC and electricity in a first place.

app103:
-f0dder (October 04, 2012, 02:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
Such people anyway have more important tasks than sit in front of the net and open crazy amount of tabs ; )

BTW I am practicing freelancer. And i work for example through odesk. Even Philippians - who always be the lowest paid workforce now work
for 12-14$ per hour... So yes, there really exist somebody for whom this is a year salary, but most likely they not have a PC and electricity in a first place.
-omnray (October 04, 2012, 03:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

How much ram is in my spare computer that I am stuck using is the last thing on my mind. I am just happy it's more than 64mb. Been down that road before...2008, when the only working computer I had was an old 9x pc from 1997.

+$560.00 Current household income
-$955.00 Rent
-$100.00 Utilities
-$100.00 Phone/internet
-$000.00 Food (local churches are feeding us)
------------------------
-$595.00 Total

Christmas 1984, I bought my husband a beautiful gold rams head ring, very similar to this one, but without the rubies.. It was our first Christmas together. He loved that ring. He sold it yesterday morning to help pay the rent and bills. He got less than $300 for it. I almost had to sell my wedding band too, but Google Adsense deposited money in my account recently, so I may not have to sell it till next month.

There is no money for buying ram for my spare pc right now, no money to fix my main machine, no money for buying food. No money for anything extra till my husband has another job. He has been out of work since July 4th.

Early yesterday evening, after dropping off a job application, as he was returning home, my husband was hit by a car while crossing the street. He may be in bed for the next few weeks, so the likelihood of him finding work this month is going to be pretty slim.

We might not make it through this. We might become homeless and lose everything we own next month.

Do you think I am worried about how much ram is in my computer?

If you are earning enough money to not only survive, but afford to buy extra ram, consider yourself fortunate. Some of us are really struggling right now, just to keep a roof over our heads and our lives together.

Besides, this is a Chrome issue. I do not have this issue with any other browser. I can have a lot more tabs open in Firefox, Opera, K-Meleon...and even run all 3 at the same time with 20 tabs each...no issues.

This is a Chrome specific problem, which always seems to have trouble when there is more than 10 tabs open. If it were an issue with my machine not having enough ram, do you think the problems would carry over into full system slowness and affect other things, not just Chrome?

Also, Chrome does a process-per-tab (might have moved to groups of tabs per process in a recent version, like IE9 does) - which means it'll always use quite a lot more memory than firefox (there's pros and cons to the multi-process approach, but it's not a definitive win). Not everybody has or can afford extra RAM.
-f0dder (October 04, 2012, 10:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

And don't forget, a process per active extension, too. This is why I refuse to install any that I can live without, which is almost all of them.

brotherS:
All the best to you... I know how bad one can feel in situations like yours. It's important to not lose trust in yourself.

Humans are quite wonderful beings. I know a guy who was so broke he literally lived in the woods for a few years... just protected by an old construction trailer (he didn't want any government support). In the summer that thing was like a sauna, and in the winter he had to get up twice in the middle of the night to put more wood onto the fire. Now - 3 years later - he drives a very nice Porsche and lives in a real house again. He just never gave up...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version