ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Path too long utilities supere barrier

<< < (3/5) > >>

MilesAhead:
Understood.
Then the good application may be that one that locate all the chains whose lenght is > 255 chrs.
A good one for that ?
-Contro (October 03, 2012, 09:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Attached is my mod of TLPD.  It accepts length in the range 4 to 32767 chars. At the end, a text file pops up with a report. I just modified the original to use UNC notation so that it could search for longer paths. Also changed the InputBox a bit.  The AutoIt3 source is included.

edit: Please refer all questions about the operation of the program, such as InjectEnvVars() to the original author on SourceForge.  All I did was modify the check() and InputBox routines to accept longer paths. For best results I suggest running my mod with no command line args.  Just enter all info using the dialog boxes. I don't think I tested it using the environment variable injection stuff.

Contro:
Long Path Tool helped me in this situation. http://PathTooDeep.com

-AlisaBin (October 04, 2012, 05:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am afraid this is strange publicity. I take the idea from other post in the forum with a "single one" poster.

Contro:
Understood.
Then the good application may be that one that locate all the chains whose lenght is > 255 chrs.
A good one for that ?
-Contro (October 03, 2012, 09:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Attached is my mod of TLPD.  It accepts length in the range 4 to 32767 chars. At the end, a text file pops up with a report. I just modified the original to use UNC notation so that it could search for longer paths. Also changed the InputBox a bit.  The AutoIt3 source is included.

edit: Please refer all questions about the operation of the program, such as InjectEnvVars() to the original author on SourceForge.  All I did was modify the check() and InputBox routines to accept longer paths. For best results I suggest running my mod with no command line args.  Just enter all info using the dialog boxes. I don't think I tested it using the environment variable injection stuff.

-MilesAhead (October 04, 2012, 09:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Running to try

:-*

Contro:
Nice indeed Miles. Adopted
 :P :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead:
Nice indeed Miles. Adopted
 :P :Thmbsup:
-Contro (October 04, 2012, 06:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Glad it's helpful. :)