ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

fSekrit not working on an old XP PC

(1/3) > >>

MerleOne:
Hi,

A friend of mine says fSekrit.exe v1.40 won't launch on his XP PC.  I'll try to get a capture of the error message and will report here, but is there any known issue on some old XP PC ? I personally never encountered such a behavior.

Thanks.

c.gingerich:
I have an app that is similar if you want to check it out. It's called Self Note and it supports tabs to allow multi notes. It is free also.

http://starpunch.net/?page=12

MerleOne:
I have an app that is similar if you want to check it out. It's called Self Note and it supports tabs to allow multi notes. It is free also.

http://starpunch.net/?page=12
-c.gingerich (October 01, 2012, 10:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, will try it.  But I'd still like to know why/if fSekrit has an issue on this old PC.

Stoic Joker:
FSekrit should run just fine on anything from Win2000 up.

f0dder:
FSekrit should run just fine on anything from Win2000 up.-Stoic Joker (October 01, 2012, 02:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
Actually from Win9x and up - I had to go through a few pains to make that work (and then there were a couple of versions where I accidentally botched the win9x support :$).

So, no, there should be nothing preventing fSekrit working on XP. In fact, I've just tested 1.40 on XP-SP3 (under vmware), and it runs just fine. fSekrit also doesn't use any of the fancy instruction sets, so in theory you should be able to run it on... dunno, probably even a 386 :)

Please do try getting a capture of the error message. Perhaps antivirus? Some of those products don't like fSekrit, either because it's compressed with PECompact, or because of heuristics (copying itself to %TEMP% and launching from there, writing to it's own executable).

c.gingerich, from your site: "256 bit RSA_AES encryption with password". That seems like a weird encryption scheme to choose for an application like this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version