ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (198/200) > >>

Arizona Hot:

Bitcoin ATMs showing up in odd spots across metro Detroit

Over 800 cryptocurrencies are now dead as bitcoin is 70 percent off its record high

tomos:
Bitcoin is still a total disaster
-Arizona Hot (August 13, 2018, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

comes across as a very snarky article (presumably by someone who is a fan of the status-quo), yet may have some valid points. I dont know enough myself to say.

Renegade:
Bitcoin is still a total disaster
-Arizona Hot (August 13, 2018, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

comes across as a very snarky article (presumably by someone who is a fan of the status-quo), yet may have some valid points. I dont know enough myself to say.
-tomos (August 14, 2018, 06:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

When this thread started, Bitcoin was $12.40.

So, not sure I take the WP seriously when it continually cries about the end of Bitcoin.

wraith808:
So, not sure I take the WP seriously when it continually cries about the end of Bitcoin.
-Renegade (August 14, 2018, 10:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly.  They decry stability in a currency, but Bitcoin at this point is more like a well-performing stock at the beginning stages.

Torah:
As long as people trust that this currency has value, people will continue to invest in Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is an open-source software, so it has no central control with corrupt bankers and politicians, just really smart people working for free to keep it running.

Given all the problems we see in world economies, people are rapidly beginning to lose faith in conventional legal tender like the EUR and USD. Governments have demonstrated that they can seize your bank-accessible assets if necessary. With Bitcoin, this is not possible as they have no access to your funds. Your Bitcoin wallet is essentially your own bank. It’s similar to the idea of people stuffing cash into their mattresses, except this is a lot more profitable and accessible. People will perhaps one day refer to this era as the gold rush of the 21st century.

As Bitcoins continue to be mined they begin to create more value since more people begin to own them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version