ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (173/200) > >>

Renegade:
BITCOIN: TOO BIG TO FAIL
--- End quote ---
-Renegade (January 24, 2016, 12:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I bet they used to say that about the Knights Templar ... Until the first Friday the 13th rolled around.
-Stoic Joker (January 25, 2016, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wow! Way to go SJ! :Thmbsup:  Interesting observation when you think about the not inconsiderable similarities between the services offered by the two. Or their relative status in the eyes of the respective Powers That Be...

Just goes to illustrate why it may be a good thing to be considered useful by kings - but never so useful that kings start to feel beholden to you after a while. They're somewhat notorious for requesting "new game" by the simple expedient of flipping the table over...and then shooting their unarmed opponent.

Bitcoin holders better hope that doesn't turn out to be prescient on your part.  :tellme:

-40hz (January 25, 2016, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

You guys are talking about an absolute totalitarian system. So... yeah... I completely advocate... I'll cut it there. Read my mind. Let your imaginations go to very, very dark places. Those places are very well lit.

When you want to restrict my ability to buy milk for my family, you deserve <insert depraved horror here />.

Bitcoin is a way around that kind of economic totalitarianism.

Just wait. It will come. All of our freedoms are being systematically raped and destroyed. All of them.

Bitcoin represents the ability to freely transact with other people without any permission needed.

Look at Europe.

How much can you spend in France in cash? 3,000 euro? Nope. It's only 1,000 euro now. WTF?!? You can't buy a good oven for that. You can't buy a good computer for that.

The war on cash is on. The war on your freedom to buy things without being tracked is on.

This isn't rocket appliances! :P

I want to scream.

wraith808:
Valve is enabling Bitcoin transactions in steam.

http://bitcoinist.net/valve-is-bringing-bitcoin-to-over-125-million-gamers-worldwide/

Via Ghacks.

Stoic Joker:
I finally came up with a use for Bitcoin on Tuesday. I bought a 1981 Harley-Davidson (Shovelhead) FLT:

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

Damn Straight, I took a beating on the selloff...but I got what I wanted. So now it's (finally) restoration project time!

I'm going to call her Alice.

Deozaan:
I just switched web hosts a few days ago and they allowed me to pay my bill in BTC. :)

mwb1100:
I finally came up with a use for Bitcoin on Tuesday. I bought a 1981 Harley-Davidson (Shovelhead) FLT:
-Stoic Joker (February 11, 2016, 12:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's the best Bitcoin story I've heard so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version