ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (121/200) > >>

40hz:
@Ren - perhaps nobody in the Bitcoin social club thinks much of NY. However, in the international business finance and banking world, it looms very large, and its voice is heard. Right up there with London, Zurich, and Hong Kong. Like it or not. Please don't let your bitterness cloud your thinking so much as to think wishing it weren't so changes anything.

Regarding Mr. Ver

I've said before the way things seem to work is you can either say whatever you want to people - or get what you want from them. But you never get both.

Ver is playing right into the opposition's hands making toothless and naive comments like the one you quoted. Lovely of him to publicly make a statement to the effect that the real intent (and therefor threat) of Bitcoin is to undermine the rule of law and disrupt government worldwide. Thanks dude! You can be sure remarks like his will be quoted and figure prominently in the justifications given for tougher regulation or abolition.

Sorry, but his constantly polishing his "street cred" with soundbytes to the already converted accomplishes nothing even if it is an "ego-boo" for him. It's a shame so many self-proclaimed Libertarians just can't resist putting in that sarcastic jab or snarky little dig every time they open their mouths. It will likely be their downfall.

Maybe someday they'll realize being a smartass isn't the same thing as being smart or clever.

Just sayin' :)

Renegade:
@40hz - I'm not denying that governments can do serious damage. Government is the single largest culprit of mass murder by far. There is NOTHING that government will not do to preserve itself. It is abominable, detestable, sick, perverse, and outright demonically evil.

I don't pretend to think that the murderous psychopaths in government won't sink to the torture, mutilation, and inhuman acts that they have historically done. Yes - it WILL happen here. But we can stop the tiny fraction of people that want to kidnap, imprison, or murder everyone.

For example:

That saves me a lot of typing. He's right.

However, the governments we have in the "West" at the moment aren't completely murderous yet. There is a slim window of opportunity right now before they go full retard.

As for NY, only the establishment gives a crap about it. Nobody in the world of normal human beings cares in the least.

And it's the establishment that we fight against. The same establishment that has funded and carried out the mass murder of 100's of millions of people in the 20th century alone.

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM

I'm not exaggerating. The facts speak for themselves.

(The "religious wars" argument is nonsenese - I've posted elsewhere about that. The only religions that mass murder people are statheism and Islam [that's going to piss off people that haven't looked into history much - I don't care - just read up on some history or PM me for links that I won't post here].)

Please don't let your bitterness cloud your thinking so much as to think wishing it weren't so changes anything.
-40hz (July 18, 2014, 10:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't wish. I do. Big difference. My money is where my mouth is. I buy bitcoins and I spend bitcoins. I support the Bitcoin economy. I put my spending power at every opportunity into undermining the establishment.

While I am limited in what I can do, I do everything possible to undermine the establishment. I do not buy mainstream brands like Heinz or Sun Foods. I don't buy food off the shelf - I buy fresh produce and fresh meat.

Fun Fact: The post on alcoholic ginger ale I did in large part because it undermines the state. Alcohol is heavily taxed and regulated, and I wanted to put out a method by which people could get around the state and taxation. That post was purely for the sake of undermining the establishment/state. I blogged about it a while back here. But, you probably already figured that one out as it's pretty obvious.

I've said before the way things seem to work is you can either say whatever you want to people - or get what you want from them. But you never get both.
--- End quote ---

Not when you bargain from a position of power. The vast majority of power is in the hands of the "people" and not in the hands of the establishment. I'll skip why that is because it's probably obvious enough.

Ver is playing right into the opposition's hands making toothless and naive comments like the one you quoted. Lovely of him to publicly make a statement to the effect that the real intent (and therefor threat) of Bitcoin is to undermine the rule of law and disrupt government worldwide. Thanks dude! You can be sure remarks like his will be quoted and figure prominently in the justifications given for tougher regulation or abolition.
--- End quote ---

You can regulate PEOPLE, but you cannot regulate Bitcoin.

Thought policing doesn't work.

I don't know what else I can say that I already haven't... but, let me sum it up:

Regulating Bitcoin means having a hand in the actual coding of it and writing code and then being able to convince everyone in the Bitcoin economy (or 51%) to accept your version of it.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

Unless you start the mass murders.

We're a few years away from that. There is time.

Again, perhaps I'm overly optimistic. But I do see hope, and I'll be goddamned if I'll piss that hope away given what is at stake here. Bitcoin is an opportunity, and one opportunity that I'll hop all over.

I actually do "get" your pessimism. I was that pessimistic before. I'm just not that pessimistic anymore.

Renegade:
DELL!

https://twitter.com/MichaelDell/status/490162239983599616

Dell is now the world's largest ecommerce business to accept #bitcoin http://www.dell.com  http://fb.me/1d9ojMrZw
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup:

Renegade:
Aaaaaaand...

Texans flip NY the finger:

http://www.movetoaustin.io/

15 Reasons For Bitcoin Startups To Move From New York To Austin
--- End quote ---

More at the link.

Like I said... NY is hanging itself.

Renegade:
The bureaucraps in NY may wish to have a peek at this: