ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (67/200) > >>

Renegade:
How thoughtful of them to make it so easy to pay up in order to ransom your files back! ;) :Thmbsup:
-40hz (October 25, 2013, 11:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Looks like quite a few people even pay. :(

I don't like most stories like this in the news because they conflate issues together that are completely unrelated.

e.g. John drove a Toyota as a getaway car in a bank robbery, therefore Toyotas are criminal cars.

etc. etc.

That bit there actually looks simply informational though, which is a nice departure from the non-stop hit-pieces written with kindergarten logic.

In any event...

Renegade:
For anyone that would like a chance to win 5 ozt .999 fine silver + 1 bitcoin!

http://voluntaryist.com/taxation/contest.html

A Voluntaryist Contest
How Do You Explain to People That Taxation Is Theft?
--- End quote ---

Details at the link.

I think I'll enter that contest. I've been meaning to PM someone here about that exact issue, but have put it off until I have more time and can write up a more thoughtful answer. This gives me some more motivation to find the time.

5 ozt of silver is sweet, but 1 bitcoin is much sweeter! ;)

If you don't have any bitcoins yet, here's your chance to get 1!

40hz:

-Renegade (October 26, 2013, 01:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

And in addition to your chance to win a free bitcoin, your name will also be automatically entered for a 'chance' to be selected for the IRS's ever popular "randomly selected" high audit probability list!!! So nice of you to out yourself as a troublemaker...

( :) Sorry. Not trying to go OT or scare people off. But my current campaign is pointing out the dangerous implications and possibilities for official abuse now that we live in a surveillance state here in the good ol' USA. If the thought of what this technology can be used for finally starts to worry people...well...they need to be worried.)

Renegade:

-Renegade (October 26, 2013, 01:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

And in addition to your chance to win a free bitcoin, your name will also be automatically entered for a 'chance' to be selected for the IRS's ever popular "randomly selected" high audit probability list!!! So nice of you to out yourself as a troublemaker...
 (see attachment in previous post)
( :) Sorry. Not trying to go OT or scare people off. But my current campaign is pointing out the dangerous implications and possibilities for official abuse now that we live in a surveillance state here in the good ol' USA. If the thought of what this technology can be used for finally starts to worry people...well...they need to be worried.)
-40hz (October 26, 2013, 07:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

All the more reason to be vocal NOW and to support things/ideas that undermine the surveillance state.

40hz:
^I think we 're past the point where just "speaking out" is going to be sufficient to extract us from this quagmire.
 :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version