ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (55/200) > >>

40hz:
Now, you *could* pull something else out from there, but when the generally accepted code is BTC, nah... it's a slight.
-Renegade (August 13, 2013, 07:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

@Ren - I think you're reading way too much into it. ;)

XE.com has been using XBT for Bitcoin for some time now:

In case anybody doesn't know who XE is:XE was founded in Canada in 1993, providing computer consulting and Internet services for corporate clients. Through our consulting services we quickly identified the need for interactive financial services on the web, so we set out to demonstrate how interactive financial services could be. As a result, in 1995, on our XE.COM™ website, we launched a service called the XE Currency Converter ® - creating one of the web's very first dynamic sites.

XE became increasingly popular, and by 1997, it was clear that we were running the Internet's dominant currency tool. We switched our business focus to currency services and began enhancing our proprietary rate system and website. We further developed our advanced rate infrastructure to factor in multiple sources and automatically detect errors. This lets us generate a highly reliable data feed that is much more accurate than any individual feed. By the new millennium we had become a bona fide currency portal. Today, more than one thousand clients, many of them major corporations, license our Data Feed Service currency rates for commercial purposes.
--- End quote ---

Bitcoin Currency Code
Bitcoin is not recognized by the ISO and therefore does not have an official ISO 4217 code. A currency code is generally built from the two-digit ISO 3316 country code and a third letter for the currency. Although "BTC" is often used in the Bitcoin community, BT is the country code of Bhutan. An X-code reflects currencies that are used internationally and so, XE has chosen to use XBT to represent Bitcoin.
--- End quote ---

Bloomberg just used what XE has been using. Wise move since XE is where many corporate currency rate watchers go for info.

40hz:
Yep, once you get that big red x on your back, they want to make sure that you continue to fail until an act of self preservation puts you back in prison.
-Tinman57 (August 13, 2013, 07:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Bingo! This. :Thmbsup:

mouser:
i've merged several recent bitcoin threads as i think they were starting to clutter up the living room.
i think we would be better off keeping all bitcoin discussion on one or two threads.

Renegade:
-40hz (August 13, 2013, 08:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, that's very possible. I'm overly cynical sometimes.

40hz:
-40hz (August 13, 2013, 08:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, that's very possible. I'm overly cynical sometimes.
-Renegade (August 13, 2013, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, but you wouldn't be Renegade if you weren't!  ;D

Don't change. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version