ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (49/200) > >>

kyrathaba:
Thanks for the link. Looks pretty cool.

TaoPhoenix:
It's fascinating to watch, because it's all taking place rather slowly. If I were more connected and smarter in the early days etc I "shoulda/woulda" gotten my early Bitcoins then sat on them to make a living!

"Limited number of bitcoins" - so did no one else remember the story of the Black Lotus in Magic the Gathering?
8)

-TaoPhoenix (May 06, 2013, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

You mean that same Magic the Gathering that I paid for part of college off of my collection?

Investment = $450.  Return = $6000+, plus a pretty fun game.
-wraith808 (May 06, 2013, 10:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, which means you did it right, just like any "speculation", it's always possible to do it right. But then you get late "players" (in the speculation! though I see the pun!), who having finally heard about it, then do it backwards and get hosed!

TaoPhoenix:
You mean that same Magic the Gathering that I paid for part of college off of my collection?

Investment = $450.  Return = $6000+, plus a pretty fun game.
--- End quote ---

I'm a MTG oldster as well. Still have some killer decks. But nobody around my rural community, that I know of, plays the game.
-kyrathaba (May 06, 2013, 11:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly, meaning the "value" is becoming erratic! And even in areas that do have players, a lot of the ones I used to go to began quietly "not holding" Type 1 tourneys, thus making all of those Super Cards "valueless", which was the point I was hoping to make.

wraith808:
Exactly, meaning the "value" is becoming erratic! And even in areas that do have players, a lot of the ones I used to go to began quietly "not holding" Type 1 tourneys, thus making all of those Super Cards "valueless", which was the point I was hoping to make.
-TaoPhoenix (May 06, 2013, 05:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

The value is as erratic as the market in anything.  There is no intrinsic value in anything, other than what the market will put on it.

mouser:
An interesting read on alternative new crypto currencies:
http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/05/wary-of-bitcoin-a-guide-to-some-other-cryptocurrencies/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version