ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (38/200) > >>

app103:
Another interesting posting on Bitcoin...

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/18f3pd/i_have_my_entire_retirement_and_savings_invested/
-wraith808 (April 10, 2013, 06:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Glad to read that he did the smart thing to correct what could have been a really big foolish mistake and now whatever he makes from what he still has invested will be pure profit without risk.

But it could have easily become a situation where a fool and his money were soon parted, with him living on no more than $150.00/wk for a long time, if he defaulted on those credit cards and they obtained judgements against him, along with permission to garnish his wages till it was all paid off.

SKA:
You gotta appreciate this guy's modesty:
http://www.naturalnews.com/039865_bitcoin_crash_prediction_Mike_Adams.html

Ska

wraith808:
Was that... sarcasm?

40hz:
^Yeah. A guy who writes for a natural food site and goes by the nickname The Health Ranger?

Sure sounds like a qualified financial professional to me.  ;D

This is a good example, however, of just how many amateurs are piling on the bitcoin bandwagon for whatever reason. In this case I think the motivation is probably the hope of driving traffic to the site by getting some hot button keywords up on a page in order to increase their visibility with the search engines.
 ;)

f0dder:
Just for fun, I installed a bitcoin miner yesterday evening, and joined a mining pool.

If my maths is any good, it seemed like - at the current rate - it would take me around 400 days to mine one single BTC, even though I used a GPU miner (on my not-so-recent-but-still-relatively-beefy GTX460... but OK, AMD/ATI cards are better for mining). And do note the "at the current rate" - mining gets progressively harder as the minting-limit approaches.

Guess one has to gamble the bubble (or resort to botcoining :p) in order to cash out on the scheme - and neither is my cuppa tea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version