ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (181/200) > >>

mouser:
The real question is.. some of you crazy people who were ranting about it, and telling us how bitcoin was going to take off during the early days of it.. are any of you rich enough to retire and bankroll the rest of us yet?

Deozaan:
I'm involved in a project that's now publicly open. (Check bounties below.)

Chimaera is a blockchain gaming platform. If you remember Huntercoin (it's still running), Chimaera can put countless games with near limitless players on the blockchain. We've solved the scalability issues, so the sky's the limit.-Renegade (October 15, 2017, 07:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't had a chance to read the whitepaper yet, and have been generally distracted since basically the day after I first learned of Chimaera. But I perused the website and the bounties. The website seemed sparse on the details (but maybe the details are in the whitepaper). And it seems I'm not a good candidate for the bounties since I'm not really active (as anything more than a lurker) in any of the regular cryptocurrency forums, etc.

Would you mind briefly explaining how you solved the scalability issues? And what you mean by that? Or if it's in the whitepaper just say so and I'll try to get the time to finally read through it. But the reason I ask is because scalability seems to be a major issue in most of the major cryptos, especially Bitcoin. There are lots of interesting ideas out there on how to resolve or work around the issues, but as far as I know things like sidechains (Lightning, Raiden, Plasma, etc.,) are all still currently being researched and/or developed but nothing is actually released and running on the network(s) yet. If you're talking about scalability in a similar sense as for other blockchains, then solving the scalability issues could be really big news for cryptocurrency in general. :Thmbsup:

Deozaan:
The real question is.. some of you crazy people who were ranting about it, and telling us how bitcoin was going to take off during the early days of it.. are any of you rich enough to retire and bankroll the rest of us yet?
-mouser (November 06, 2017, 02:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Stoic Joker? Did you sell off your entire stash for that motorcycle, or did you keep some of your BTC you spent so much time and effort (and USD) mining?

And also I'm curious if 40hz's opinion of BTC has changed at all over the years since this thread began.

Stoic Joker:
-mouser (November 06, 2017, 02:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Stoic Joker? Did you sell off your entire stash for that motorcycle, or did you keep some of your BTC you spent so much time and effort (and USD) mining?

And also I'm curious if 40hz's opinion of BTC has changed at all over the years since this thread began.
-Deozaan (November 07, 2017, 02:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

<Answering from the very deep dark hole that Deozaan just dug for me> Yes, at the time I sold off all of my holding to buy Alice. So... -(based on that)- to date she has "cost" me about $40,000.

:D Fuck...

Note: It was worth it..  ;)

Deozaan:
Note: It was worth it..  ;)
-Stoic Joker (November 07, 2017, 12:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version