ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (174/200) > >>

Deozaan:
Someone has issued a challenge worth 1 BTC: Simply crack/bruteforce his 6-character wallet password to claim the bitcoin within.

Details here: No one cracked 0.5BTC PaperWallet with easy password in a year.

One year ago i tried a little experiment with BIP38 paper wallets. [...]

I am quite surprised that "6 character" wallet is still loaded with bitcoin. Looks like encrypted paper wallets give you quite high level of security even with very modest passwords. Lets not forget that hacker has to first get his hands on physical BIP38 wallet before he can even start cracking...

I decided to keep this experiment going for another year. I've also added extra 0.5BTC - so happy cracking!

Details:

pub: 1J5cjne6YVkgRTMTjqnaJVk1CWEEr3CcdX
b38: 6PfRB98F9vZLhSpqY5URas5vYUU3qYQrpkJFTLuCg1FvDni6LwT3qAirkp
pwd: 6 characters (only upper and lower case US alphabet letters)

Here is a small hint for you: If you divide the number of UPPERCASE letters by the number of lowercase letters you get an integer.-https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/4dkw1q/no_one_cracked_05btc_paperwallet_with_easy/
--- End quote ---

According to my calculations, this means the password has either 3, 4, or 5 uppercase letters (I'm ruling out the possibility of 0 uppercase letters since it says it has upper AND lower case letters). I'm a bit rusty in the discrete mathematics department, but I think that means there are (52*52*52*52*52*52) - (52*52*52*52) possible combinations. Which totals 19,763,298,048 combinations.

I'm running a brute-force script in a linux VM which takes ~7 seconds to try 25 passwords. Unless I really messed up my math somewhere, it will take over 175 years for me to try them all at this rate. :D

Deozaan:
I've been running a vanity Bitcoin address generator for over two months and it finally found one!

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my new vanity Bitcoin address:

1DeozaanYaZY4kFr3jHo4jDWamYJ79S1QS

f0dder:
Congratulations, DeoGeek! :P

Mark0:
Persistence is rewarded!  ;D :Thmbsup:

Renegade:
But is it full?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page