ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (116/200) > >>

Renegade:
This might belong in the silly humour thread...

But, I've had too much to drink to care. :P

Stoic Joker:
Remember the concept of the self fulfilling prophecy, and add to that the knowledge that no one really has any power over you unless you give it to them. If we continuously function solely based on the assumption that TPTB have total control over everything ... Then they very soon really will. And we will all die very quietly whenever and wherever we are told too.
-Stoic Joker (July 12, 2014, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

^ THIS!
-Renegade (July 12, 2014, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Lest what I am saying be misconstrued, I'll spell it out a little more bluntly...

As a product of the anti-war (Viet Nam) era I too say "speak truth to power."

As Franklin so succinctly put it: We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.

Something to think about when it comes to pushing for disruptive change.
 :)-40hz (July 13, 2014, 08:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

40... This is turning into almost conditioned response to Ren and I getting together on something. :D There is after all a vast amount of middle ground between totally subjugated obsequence and rioting in the streets (Personally I think we're a bit too close to the first one..). Not to mention that if you look at it from a bit of a distance, the only really disruptive change being effected is the consistent downward spiraling push towards a surveillance state.

So... Much like the SOPA/PIPA/ACTA thread implies by its mere existence. Instead of just believing what were told - since the real truth is out there - whenever one of these idiotic constitutional violations shows its head .... We The People respond by making every governmental Email server explode instantaneously with the sheer volume of Email screaming NO THE HELL YOU DON'T!! And we continue to keep it up until those that keep trying to push it through get the message as their voted out ass is now job hunting.

It's really just a few clicks up from passive resistance, but it's damn sure a good place to start...and it seems to be working so far (according to the thread mentioned earlier).

The only problem lies in people weakening and falling for some bullshit "For the Children" line that allows these vermin to burrow deeper into the dark. Haul their happy ass out into the sunshine...and if their albino asses bust into flames like a vampire ... Hay WTF ... Like they always say, omelets gotta get made somehow..

40hz:
Remember the concept of the self fulfilling prophecy, and add to that the knowledge that no one really has any power over you unless you give it to them. If we continuously function solely based on the assumption that TPTB have total control over everything ... Then they very soon really will. And we will all die very quietly whenever and wherever we are told too.
-Stoic Joker (July 12, 2014, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

^ THIS!
-Renegade (July 12, 2014, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Lest what I am saying be misconstrued, I'll spell it out a little more bluntly...

As a product of the anti-war (Viet Nam) era I too say "speak truth to power."

As Franklin so succinctly put it: We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.

Something to think about when it comes to pushing for disruptive change.
 :)-40hz (July 13, 2014, 08:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

40... This is turning into almost conditioned response to Ren and I getting together on something. :D
-Stoic Joker (July 13, 2014, 12:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

:huh: Ok...If that's the way it's being taken, or starting to sound, then perhaps I'd best just leave the two of you to it.

I'm out.  :)

Onward!  :Thmbsup:

Stoic Joker:
40... This is turning into almost conditioned response to Ren and I getting together on something. :D
-40hz (July 13, 2014, 12:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

:huh: Ok...If that's the way it's being taken, or starting to sound, then perhaps I'd best just leave the two of you to it.

I'm out.  :)

Onward!- Stoic Joker on Today at 01:17:18 PM
--- End quote ---

*Sigh* I didn't say it was good or bad (because it isn't), I was simply pointing out that it is. I realize that you have a background that involves apparently many (or enough) IRL protests for you to take a particularly seasoned view of said behavior. And that's fine ... It's also a good part of why I value your input in discussions of this type. I just suspect that at times passion may occasionally come across as bloodlust (yes I know it can be a fucking fine line :D) when it's really not the objective. Best I can tell, the actual objective is to maintain the scant few parts of the status quo that don't totally suck.

You labeled Ren as a bit of a romantic not long ago, implying he viewed the world as an epic battle of good vs. evil. And while I agree with the assessment, It's also one of the things I both share with and like about him. I also understand the long game style approach that you appear to be taking. The problem is that if we - and by that I really do mean the three of us in a micro cosmic sense - can't agree on WTF should be done next ... Then we really are (as a big picture of all mankind) collectively doomed.

You dig?

Renegade:
Awesome B-day cake!

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

V!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version