ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (115/200) > >>

ediblesound:
http://thefourcornerstones.blogspot.com/2011/11/for-rulers-are-not-terror-to-good-works.html
https://sites.google.com/site/solutionsfortheindividual/autonomy/peaceful-inhabitants

This may be encouraging and inspiring to a meaningful extent in light of the many many opinions that flurry about down the rabbit hole.

It seems to me to be the archetypal balance between uniperspective and polyperspective (like experiencable meta-awareness, super-empathy, entelechy) of intelligent systems, and I find great peace it seems in looking at the whole apparent goings on in a perspective of looking at living intelligent "self"-organizing systems and self-regulating momentum of existential seeming perpetuation in defiance of any notion of entropy at every increment.

The ostensible continuing evidence that we are here STILL to BEGIN WITH, I think is overwhelmingly persuasive that infinity is boundless and that limitations and "scarcities" are limited and perceptual in nature,—artifacts of the mechanism of interpreting perception—, and that alternative perception provides alternative experience with ever rearrangeable arrangements, rather than just nominal limits; and further that

Complications are compounded simplicities juxtaposed; just like the emergence of programing from zero to any dimensioned language representation and linked dependencies and reconfigurable interdependancies of objects!

I suggest that the soultion is a simple as before the problem ever was, as there being a natural symmetry from one through many to whole, like the rebirth archetype and the process of expansionary static persistence outside of and from which all dimension, measure and allotment comes; and as  A circle  with consistent degrees yet a floating radius maintains ever applicable scalability!

Peace and exuberance I will for the best for all!

I also suggest that the media for valuation representation ("money", commodities, and so on) transfer will naturally float with that which is valuatable! Like the idea of pegging the conjuring of new transactional credits / units to the six year agricultural averages per land patent  area, and so on-- as value is inextricable with the semi-subjective perceptual experience of nature itself, where the assay of land as a foundation of property becomes key, and yet the continuing transmission of all such utility makes it seemingly ultimately necessary for a floating or transmission essentially in some balance of step and sync of all title right with as well the very ebb and flow of nature itself (trusts)- we naturally a part of that-— it all becomes a matter of crust crumble melt and float of monetary tectonics - very much like variously described in the links I've posted here.
 enjoy in joy!!

This might be interesting for some:

Bitcoin copper rounds.

Now, they are ornamental, and only for collectors. Also, if you are into purchasing metals as a way to store wealth, you have to be braindead to buy them - but that goes for pretty much all copper rounds, and not just those. (They are overpriced by a LOT! Silver or gold are much better buys, and particularly silver.)

Anyways, just thought it might be interesting for some people here. Gimmicky? Sure. Fun? Definitely! :)

-Renegade (October 04, 2012, 11:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

maybe at the moment…;-0)  I think those are cool, nice designs, how many more are possible?!

Renegade:
Remember the concept of the self fulfilling prophecy, and add to that the knowledge that no one really has any power over you unless you give it to them. If we continuously function solely based on the assumption that TPTB have total control over everything ... Then they very soon really will. And we will all die very quietly whenever and wherever we are told too.
-Stoic Joker (July 12, 2014, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

^ THIS!

Renegade:
Trying it with a very nice pale ale yeast I've had some very good luck with in the past. S/B interesting to see how it comes out.
-40hz (July 12, 2014, 12:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah! I didn't know that you'd given it a spin before!

Also thinking of trying for a honey-ginger mead...hmm...
--- End quote ---

I'm thinking about adding in some organic honey that hasn't been filtered to death for my next batch of ginger ale. The more complex sugars aren't so easily broken down so... err...

Maybe we should start a separate homebrew thread for this?
--- End quote ---

Yes. ;)

Renegade:
Coin Prism lets you create colored coins:

https://www.coinprism.com/

It's a kind of wallet service.

http://coloredcoins.org/

The open source standard for decentralized exchange
Colored Coins is a colored bitcoin minting and exchange protocol that works on top of an existing blockchain infrastructure
--- End quote ---

Basically, you can colour a coin to represent anything, e.g. your house, a car, some stocks, a coupon/voucher, whatever, and then pass that around.

For example, say you own a hardware shop and you want to issue coupons for $50 off of a new lawn mower. You can issue those in Bitcoins. When someone pays for one of your lawn mowers and sends you one of the coloured coins that you created, you can then redeem it as a $50 coupon.

You could, at the time of sale, give out 0.0001 BTC in coloured coins that are redeemable for next month's specials. It would cost you a few cents, but it would bring in more business... because somebody would create an online marketplace to trade coloured coins and a customer could sell their $50 off lawn mower coupon for $10 (or 0.01 BTC or whatever) or trade for another coloured coin coupon (or whatever). Everyone would win.

You could issue concert tickets like this.

What can you imagine?

And it works on the Bitcoin blockchain.

Can you do that with credit cards or cash? ;)

Hint: It's happening. ;)

40hz:
Remember the concept of the self fulfilling prophecy, and add to that the knowledge that no one really has any power over you unless you give it to them. If we continuously function solely based on the assumption that TPTB have total control over everything ... Then they very soon really will. And we will all die very quietly whenever and wherever we are told too.
-Stoic Joker (July 12, 2014, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

^ THIS!
-Renegade (July 12, 2014, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Lest what I am saying be misconstrued, I'll spell it out a little more bluntly...

As a product of the anti-war (Viet Nam) era I too say "speak truth to power."

But with the caveat you know what you are getting into if you are genuinely serious. (I don't count 99.999% of the blog and forum crowd in that category.) Real revolutions are not conducted quietly over a cup of tea while online with a laptop. They eventually show up on the street (e.g. the Occupy movement, Ukraine, etc.) once they really start rolling.

And when they do, the odds and rules shift dramatically.

Most movements that want disruptive change are long on verbiage, sometime good on tactics, and absolutely pitiful when it comes to long-term strategy.

Most are also extremely impatient, and attempt to push their agenda through without gaining broad and vocal public support. (Why must so many would-be revolutionaries be such closet elitists? More worthwhile social movements have been sunk by somebody's ego and big mouth than ever were by "the Man.")

This sort of attempt is not a genteel parlour game." To borrow from the Declaration of Independence:

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

As Franklin so succinctly put it: We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.

Something to think about when it comes to pushing for disruptive change.
 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version