ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What web sites would deserve more attention?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Tuxman:
What web sites would deserve a bit of free promotion? If you know a perfect candidate, please leave a reply here or on my blog http://www.rw-designer.com/entry/883-vlastimil (September 29, 2012, 04:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
So you seem to think yours does?  :P

vlastimil:
Thanks for the suggestions so far, some of them will make it to the final list, please keep them coming...  :)

I think the next project, I'll try to draw a bit of attention to, will be ReactOS. With Microsoft making Windows more and more closed, ReactOS may play an important role in the future.

Tuxman:
With Microsoft making Windows more and more closed
-vlastimil (October 01, 2012, 07:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
Huh? Where/why/what?

40hz:
I think the next project, I'll try to draw a bit of attention to, will be ReactOS. With Microsoft making Windows more and more closed, ReactOS may play an important role in the future.
-vlastimil (October 01, 2012, 07:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

IMO ReactOS has no future. Like Mono, it's been left alone because it isn't presently viewed as a threat. The day ReactOS starts getting popular, Microsoft will litigate it out of existence.

vlastimil:
It is true that ReactOS has not advanced too much in the past months/years, but it would be great if it succeeded. It is not that easy to kill an open source project. The recent Oracle-Google case about copyright-ability of API and a similar case in EU seem to indicate re-implementing an API is OK, which is a good foundation for ReactOS legitimacy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version