ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mouser's Zone

IP Address

(1/1)

SQUIDMAN:
Was wondering, does anyone know of free way to change my IP address to SHOW I am from the UK or Germany? I have seen services like Covermyass which hides or changes my IP address. A bit pricey since I don't need it unless I'm on utube or artist direct web sites that don't allow me to see there content because I'm in US. ;D

Renegade:
 Depends on what you want to do. But, really, the best solution is to use a VPN. There are free web proxies, but really, they kind of suck. Badly. I'm understating the case. Really.

I'd recommend that you use a decent one. It won't be free. I use Privacy.IO and am quite happy with it. But, it pops out in Sweden. There are a couple good articles on VPNs at Torrent Freak. Check those out.

SQUIDMAN:
Will check more VPN's, and the one you recommended. Seen a couple of sites that rate them none seem to agree or even have the same one's listed. Again thanks TEDD

f0dder:
If you're going to do this, go for a VPN, and accept that you'll probably have to pay for the service.

Unpaid VPNs or open web proxies? Bad, bad, bad idea. Think about it... such a service redirects all your traffic through the VPN/Proxy. Could anybody have non-altruistic interests in the ability to peek at your traffic?

40hz:
If you're going to do this, go for a VPN, and accept that you'll probably have to pay for the service.
-f0dder (September 30, 2012, 06:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1. For anything other that the most casual and innocent use, paid VPN service is the way to go.

Luck! :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version