ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

CompGator.com - new computer related website

(1/3) > >>

mwfuss:
I have been a DC member for almost 7 years now and am a daily visitor, although I have not been one to post very much. I am posting now to let you know that I have launched a new website offering a variety of helps for the more novice computer users. I have posted a number of tips, tutorials, and software reviews and will adding content daily. I would certainly appreciate any constructive feedback.

I launched the website for two reason. First, I enjoy almost all things related to the computer and feel that I can share some insights with others. Second, I also launched the site in the hope that it would generate some supplemental income for my family. I have a full-time job, but I find that I need to supplement my income a bit. To that end, the site includes advertising. Some of the advertising is in the form of banner ads from vendors with whom I have established an affiliate relationship. There are also some Google AdSense ads. My hope is that this sort of thing is not self-serving and offensive to potential visitors to my site. This is my first attempt at monetizing a website. If those of you who have more experience at this sort of thing have any suggestions, I would be glad to hear from you. Let me also add that the potential to earn a bit of income from a vendor whose product I review in no way impacts the review given. I seek to be as objective as possible. If I like program and find it useful, I will state that fact even if I gain nothing monetarily by so doing. Likewise, if I find a product to be lacking in some way, I will not hesitate to let my readers know that even if I have an affiliate relationship with that vendor. I do not believe in the practice of paying someone to give a product a positive review.

The name of my site is CompGator and it is located at www.compgator.com

rgdot:
Best of luck  :up: There is a missing image beside the search on top of the page

Also why Joomla  :o ............. just kidding hehe

40hz:
Very impressive. Especially for a new site. I gather you've been thinking about doing this for a while now considering how much material you have available already.

Wishing you the best of success with your new website. :Thmbsup:

tomos:
Looks good, and is well written :Thmbsup:
(Tom)

Stoic Joker:
The white on white mouseover menu item thing is a bit disconcerting, but good luck with the project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version