ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

$10 for a Facebook Post? Huh?

(1/3) > >>

Renegade:
No. Really? Like I'm going to pay $10 for a Facebook post... Is someone smoking crack?

FB has a "Promote" link, and I clicked it to see what it would cost after writing a snarky little post that's not appropriate for DC (has to do with fundamentals of logic that are extremely offensive to many people - I'm not kidding). Meh... If it's like $0.50, I might. Whatever.

$9.50!?!?

Well, *I'm* not smoking crack... :P

app103:
Actually, that's not that bad of a deal, if the post is commercial in nature...and you have over a million subscribers.

Renegade:
Actually, that's not that bad of a deal, if the post is commercial in nature...and you have over a million subscribers.
-app103 (September 23, 2012, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's my personal account. I ONLY friend people that I know. I have 226 friends. I do NOT friend people I don't know. Of those, probably half are inactive. Dunno exactly.

So, $10 for a personal post? Seriously? WTF?!?

But Hell yeah! If I could reach out to a million people for $10, that would be a great deal. I'm not talking about that though. $10 for probably 100 people? For a personal post? Of no commercial nature?

rgdot:
Whose feeds? How does it even work? Just bumping it up and 'promoting' on your friends' or subscribers' time line?!

Please tell me that's not the case 

That's hardly a good deal even if for a million people. If it's going to reach people already my friends or already subscribing I will just re-post 5 times a day.

f0dder:
If it's going to reach people already my friends or already subscribing I will just re-post 5 times a day.-rgdot (September 23, 2012, 10:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
If a company started doing that, I kinda expect that followers would get pissed.

Ah well, we're seeing the beginning of investors wanting to monetize facebook. This will only get worse with time <3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version