ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR slow searching/pauses - tips

<< < (3/4) > >>

rogierg:
FARR runnning on my Windows 7 laptop with SSD always hangs on "Searching C:\Program Files (x86)\Findandrunrobot\scripts" for several seconds.

- I'm not running any scripts
- Removed and reinstalled FARR (deleted all configuration files)
- Tried the beta with the "speed up by avoiding looking up icons" setting

Still the problem remains. Any ideas?

mouser:
I just uploaded a new beta yesterday to fix a slowdown hang, can you try it:

* https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/downloads/beta/FindAndRunRobotSetup.exe
* or https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/downloads/beta/FindAndRunRobotPortable.zip
And let me know if it solves your issue?

IainB:
@mouser: I have just installed FARR v2.226.01 Beta.
Do you you recall that I reported some time back that FARR had a relatively frequent and annoying habit of not properly coming to the foreground when it was invoked? This would repeat.

Well, it might be a coincidence, but this latest version seems to come very promptly to the foreground when invoked. Touch wood maybe you have inadvertently fixed that problem. I'll let you know if/when the problem ever returns.

jcnassoc:
Hi all. Posting on this thread as I didn't find one specific to my question, and the behavior I am seeing fits some of the reports here.

Basically I see a delay in FARR that I've determined is due to an external USB drive I have that needs time to spin up after a period of inactivity. I only use that drive for backup purposes and was hoping to find an FARR option to exclude it from searches; alas I didn't find such an option.

Are there any workarounds for this?

TIA.

anandcoral:
Hi jcnassoc,

FARR only searches for file in 'search folders' given in options. Check it if the usb drive is listed there.

Regards,

Anand

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version