ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Revisiting an idea to encourage donations..

<< < (2/3) > >>

tenseiken:
I don't mind the discussion about the donations at all.  Matter of fact, it's nice to be included.  Makes the place feel even more like home.  That said, I think a poll is a great idea.  Not only could you use the results to determine how to proceed with donations, but you could also use them to determine what you're doing well and what needs improvement.

jpfx:
Looking at the donation page; here are my criticisms, (constructive, I hope).

What you're getting does not stand out unless you read several paragraphs (with links). I feel a bulleted list or similar would be more effective. I wanted to know right there in the simplist terms what difference it would make.

Little mention of forum members area and the fact that you can take an active part in the who, what, when of reviewing applications. I'd consider this is an important feature.

So..

Comprehensive reviews
Amazing discounts
In-house software
Members area & a voice (at least) in future reviews

Having said all that, I was intrigued enough to go ahead so what's there is working. It might be time is all that's needed.

mouser:
yes, i think you're definitely you're right about this, jpfx.
part of the reason it's so vague is because we (were/are) still honestly trying to figure out what the benefits of donating are.
but i think it's probably time we took your advice and made the benefits more clear and concise.

there are actually 2 pages that explain details of the site, the About page and the Donate page..  anyone have any views about the division of content on these pages, and the focus of each? they sort of touch on same subjects.  maybe we could leave the about page more discursive while making the donate page be short and concise about benefits.

mouser:
i've update the donation page as suggested; let me know what you think.

dtrud0h:
The page looks good  mouser, the only thing I noticed was that you didn't update the date on the bottom.  Wasn't it you that said a good revision history says alot?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version