ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

SpammerScammer

<< < (5/11) > >>

J-Mac:
Ahh, the Joker and I posted simultaneously - almost!   :)

Jim

Renegade:
And... This thread has prompted me to tighten up my anti-spam parameters. Hopefully I'll get a lot less now. If not, then tighten again...-Renegade (September 17, 2012, 09:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Be careful with that if it's a server side filter. Never tune a spam filter past 90-95% anything in that range is gold. Attempting to go past that is just going to (cost you ham) FP/break it.
-Stoic Joker (September 18, 2012, 11:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

They are server side. But the numbers are all absolute and score based. Things are still getting through though, so it seems ok.

What was pissing me off was the 2 different client-side filters weren't taking out the spam that I'd flagged server-side with "[SPAM]" in the subject line. Like how much of a hint do they need?

Email is just completely broken thanks to spammers.

40hz:
Email is just completely broken thanks to spammers.
-Renegade (September 18, 2012, 11:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Got that right. :Thmbsup:

mahesh2k:
Anti spam stuff is so broken, even genuine mails these days get into spam folder.

Tinman57:
Speaking of spam, anyone had trouble with spam text-messages being sent to your cell #? If so, were you able to make it stop and how?-kyrathaba (September 17, 2012, 07:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's illegal for marketers to contact mobile phones.   You can file a complaint here: 
http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version