ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Tram-mļöi  hhâsmařpţuktôx

<< < (4/5) > >>

40hz:
It was part of some background research I was doing for a piece of fiction in which the unusual native language some of the characters spoke became a key plot element in the story.
-40hz (September 16, 2012, 11:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

@40hz What was the name of the fiction?
-Arizona Hot (September 19, 2012, 04:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

The title is Fianna. It's my own. It's a work in progress. :)

What other conlang do you think is closest to Ithkuil in approach? I have a specific language in mind, the grammar is just as complicated but the spelling doesn't use accented characters or have the cool script Ithkuil does.
-Arizona Hot (September 16, 2012, 05:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

About the only 'real' language I'm noddingly familiar with that resembles some of Ithkuil is CycL - unless you're talking about Ilaksh. But I'm guessing from the above that you're much more knowledgeable about esoteric conlangs than I'll ever be - so I'd be happy to hear anything you'd care to teach us about them. :up:

tomos:
The title is Fianna.-40hz (September 19, 2012, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

(not of any importance but) I presume you're familiar with the Fianna
http://www.shee-eire.com/Magic&Mythology/Warriors&Heroes/Armies/Fianna/Page1.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fianna

40hz:
^I am.  ;D

The story deals with the same. Only it's set about 3000 years into the future.

Arizona Hot:
About the only 'real' language I'm noddingly familiar with that resembles some of Ithkuil is CycL - unless you're talking about Ilaksh. But I'm guessing from the above that you're much more knowledgeable about esoteric conlangs than I'll ever be - so I'd be happy to hear anything you'd care to teach us about them.
-40hz (September 19, 2012, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
The language I was talking about is Latejami by Rick Morneau. The creator of Ithkuil has high regard for his work. His language is the only conlang I know of close to being as sophisticated as Ithkuil.

Arizona Hot:
Is a long article in the New Yorker about Ithkuil a compliment or something else?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version