ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Roboform, crippling the export function and Bits Du Jour censorship

<< < (6/9) > >>

wraith808:
Hi,

A backup feature would only be relevant as an export-import option if it came with a restore feature that is available externally.  It would have to lack encryption (which goes against the expected internal encryption) and it would have to have the layout available, although that might be puzzled out, if there was not encryption.  Generally a backup is simply a mirror of the existing data file, which is useless for export-->import.

Sounds like simply another diversion, smoke and mirrors, from the Roboform crew.

Steven
-Steven Avery (September 14, 2012, 06:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's why I didn't even bother posting the results here.  I'd been interested in roboform until this thread came up.  Now... not so much.

Renegade:
I'm sticking with f0dder's Fsekrit (small, fast, portable, done).
-Stoic Joker (September 14, 2012, 07:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd never taken the time to look at it before, but DAMN! That's cool! :D I think I may find a use for it. ;) ;D

It's actually a perfect companion to Keypass.

Josh:
BdJ just removed a whole slew of comments.

Renegade:
BdJ just removed a whole slew of comments.
-Josh (September 14, 2012, 08:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

From the comments above, was it BDJ or the vendor?

I don't remember what the BDJ admin UI is like from the last time I had anything on BDJ, so I'm pretty much in the dark. I have a severe aversion to any kind of censorship (except self-censorship), and never looked the last time I was responding to comments when I had my software up there on BDJ.

Renegade:
Anyways, I've mostly kept to the sidelines in this thread as Nico is a friend of mine (he runs BDJ).

But I was chatting with him briefly, and he sent me a link for a laugh for a site that blends pron and discount software (very NSFW):

NSFW - Site that blends discount software and pronhttp://blogorama.eisbrecher.net/

Anyways, it's in German, so our German speaking friends here will probably get more of a laugh than anyone, but worth a peek anyways. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version