ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

My experiences with Screenshot Captor

<< < (2/6) > >>

mouser:
There is a little bit of a learning curve for Screenshot Captor.. The hope is that it will lead to a more pleasant experience and a more efficient workflow than the alternatives.

1) I wish I could avoid the popup box for every screenshot and go immediate to the "save as" dialogue (as in fastst.capt. or picpick or snagit). Would it be possible to add this feature in screenshot capture as well?
--- End quote ---

Yes, that does not seem unreasonable -- I will try to add it.

3) I prefer to do direct a freehand capture without going in the edit menu.
--- End quote ---

Let me consider it.

robbero:
Yes, that does not seem unreasonable -- I will try to add it.
-mouser (September 11, 2012, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you very much. :)

rjbull:
I have come to accept recently that there is probably another kind of workflow that Screenshot Captor should support, and that is an (optional) floating toolbar which lets you choose the kind of capture, and what to do after the capture, and a button to perform it.  Personally I would never use such a feature and would encourage anyone who takes lots of screenshots to learn the capture hotkeys instead, but I do accept that such a Quick Capture floating toolbar would server a need, so I am going to be adding it.-mouser (September 11, 2012, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
I suspect the need most likely to be served is where you have hotkey conflicts with other programs, especially ones you use more often.  In that special case, an alternative method would be welcome.

robbero:
Sorry that I write you a few more things.

I always save the screenshot images in my d:\ directory (the root).
I have there over 100 images.
When I double click on the SC icon it takes a few minutes before I see the SC editor.
I suppose it is because of the thumbnail directory
Is there a way to disable the thumbnail directory (without changing the default directory)?

I would like to ask you also if it is possible to disable the preview block when I save a file with a name. (not to disable the preview link but the preview block. I've never used it. It shows up always as in my attachment (see attachment). I find it a bit disturbing this empty block at the side of the window.

robbero:
found it: screenshot panel check box :)

---------

I tried to drag and drop an image file in the SC editor (without the screenshot panel)
That doesn't work??

how do I open an image in the editor without the screenshot panel?

---------

Tried with the screenshot panel to see all files (only the file names).
How do I avoid all the PDF and ZIP files in the list?
Can I filter what I want to see and not want to see?

---------

I tried to adapt the files in the screenshot panel to:
- arrange items in the window by date
- views: details

I restarted SC and above setting where gone again to the
default: views: list / arrange items in the window by name.

(btw when I change the arrange items in the window by date nothing happens)
 (clicking on the date modified (or size or type) column doesn't do anything as well)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version