ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Shit Apple Fanatics Say

<< < (10/12) > >>

mwb1100:
Wouldn't that be going back to the old school PDA? (I have and still use an 11 year old HP Jornada 540 through wifi)
-app103 (September 16, 2012, 07:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

You know, I miss my old Palm Tungsten.  I didn't have to worry about each and every app's different configuration to get it to sync with whatever variant of cloud storage they use.  I just put the thing in the cradle, pushed a button and everything on my desktop was synched with the device.  Simple.

At least that's the way I remember it, but maybe time has faded memories of problems I encountered?

Though I must say, I do like getting maps and internet on the phone.  The Tungsten didn't do that.

daddydave:
Wouldn't that be going back to the old school PDA? (I have and still use an 11 year old HP Jornada 540 through wifi)
-app103 (September 16, 2012, 07:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

You know, I miss my old Palm Tungsten.  I didn't have to worry about each and every app's different configuration to get it to sync with whatever variant of cloud storage they use.  I just put the thing in the cradle, pushed a button and everything on my desktop was synched with the device.  Simple.

At least that's the way I remember it, but maybe time has faded memories of problems I encountered?

-mwb1100 (September 17, 2012, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope, that's really the way it was, and perhaps you used something like Plucker or iSilo as an offline web browser to generate "e-books" out of rss feeds and web pages to sync to the device so you could read them instantly instead of having to wait for them to load over an internet or network connection. On my iPod Touch 2, even if tried to load something stored on the device, I still had to wait. There is an Android version of iSilo, although at least one review says it hasn't kept up with the times (the desktop client always had a few quirks, too). Wonder if it is worth a try. but it is fairly expensive (for a smartphone app).

When I get an Android device, I will attempt to locate tools that can make desktop sync as simple as Palm OS or Windows Mobile (I had a Tungsten T3 a Dell Axim x51v too)

Renegade:
Well, never mind the shit apple fanatics say... What about the shit APPLE says (on the map fail):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/21/apple-on-ios-6-maps-flubs_n_1903204.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

We appreciate all of the customer feedback and are working hard to make the customer experience even better.
--- End quote ---

Ummm... Didn't you mean tolerable to the point that you don't want to stab yourself in the face? :P

And then there's what Nokia says:

We also understand that ‘pretty isn’t enough.”
--- End quote ---

BWAHAHAHAHAHA~!  :Thmbsup:

Renegade:

Carol Haynes:
Absolutely hilarious - if every missing road, distorted/inaccurate picture, missing town, missing country (!) etc. and transit error were reported to Apple in real time and their users followed their advice the Apple Cloud would meltdown within 5 minutes - it would be one hell of a DOS on Apple.

Having said that the overnight queue of 1300 people outside the London Regent's Street store are all to stupid to know how to report an error to Apple.

The only good thing is that when iPhone 5 is released most Apple users won't be able to find their stores ;-)

Seriously if they have ANY sense whatsoever they will immediately replace the maps App it the old Google version and admit defeat. It will be months at best (and probably years) before this debacle is fixed and by that time no one - not even the Apple fanboys - will trust Apple Maps ever again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version