ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Shit Apple Fanatics Say

<< < (9/12) > >>

xtabber:
Meet the new iPhone. Same as the old iPhone.

app103:
In fact my last phone was an iPod Touch, which can't make calls.

In fact, I wonder if smartphones will eventually find a way to take "phone" out of the name, since making calls is probably a tiny fraction of what people use them for nowadays.
-daddydave (September 14, 2012, 05:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wouldn't that be going back to the old school PDA? (I have and still use an 11 year old HP Jornada 540 through wifi)

daddydave:
In fact my last phone was an iPod Touch, which can't make calls.

In fact, I wonder if smartphones will eventually find a way to take "phone" out of the name, since making calls is probably a tiny fraction of what people use them for nowadays.
-daddydave (September 14, 2012, 05:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wouldn't that be going back to the old school PDA? (I have and still use an 11 year old HP Jornada 540 through wifi)
-app103 (September 16, 2012, 07:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep.  :Thmbsup:

kyrathaba:
The cost for two of the above Wine II's was comparable to the cost of a single smartphone, and saved us the extra $$$ monthly on data.  Now, it'd be different if I had something with decent screen real-estate (a tablet maybe), but I just can't see shelling out the extra dinero for a data plan for a phone with a screen that makes using that data plan a pain.

Renegade:
The cost for two of the above Wine II's was comparable to the cost of a single smartphone, and saved us the extra $$$ monthly on data.  Now, it'd be different if I had something with decent screen real-estate (a tablet maybe), but I just can't see shelling out the extra dinero for a data plan for a phone with a screen that makes using that data plan a pain.
-kyrathaba (September 16, 2012, 08:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I use my phone's data for my tablet when I'm out. But I can't see a dedicated data plan for my tablet... when my phone has it... and this is just the opposite way to do it, but meh, same-same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version