ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: List files Added or Removed and changes to plain txt files in given time

(1/3) > >>

siddhu.iam:
It would be good to create a software that would keep a list of new files added or old files deleted and changes made to plain text files - over a user specified time and in a set of user specified directories. Providing start and stop buttons for creating the log would also be useful. I think it is possible with some command lines, but they are very confusing and hard to remember. Even if there are some tiny apps, I think they don't list the changes to plain text files in the given directory.

rsatrioadi:
It can be done with version control system, especially with decentralized ones (e.g. Git or Mercurial), probably plus a script to do commits whenever a change (file created/deleted/edited) is made.

siddhu.iam:
So can I hope someone can soon make an easy to use software for that??????

tomos:
So can I hope someone can soon make an easy to use software for that??????
-siddhu.iam (September 10, 2012, 10:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

My ideal backup/versioning programme would do what you want - easily.
But I think it doesnt exist (not in the "easily" form anyways).

FWIW I'm currently using FileHamster, but that doesnt do exactly what you want either.

rsatrioadi:
If my assumption that you are using Windows is true, then I'm sorry that I cannot help you now. I'm 400 miles away from my Windows machine, and I won't be there probably for another month.  :redface:

It' still a good idea, though, and I do hope someone can make this happen.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version