ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS Request - Appending WindowsTitle, DateTime etc. within the clip

<< < (4/7) > >>

mouser:
The contents of both the text boxes are grayed out and un-editable
--- End quote ---

Oops, sorry about that  :-[

Please download new version, then you can edit.
To include source url, use %Notes% (or %Notes.withprefix%).
Blank line is just a blank line in the template memo box.

m9833:
Phew!!!! Thanks for the quick bug fix. I am able to change the box texts now. :-)

I am not able to get the source URL from Firefox, though. This is the template, I have tried to use:

--------------------

The following text has been copied from %Title% (%Notes%)
 in %Application% on %CreationDateTime%

: - -

%clip%

--------------------

Am I missing something with regards to the %Notes% operator?

mouser:
Check your grid to make sure the URL is being captured in the Notes column; no point in us trying to debug the template feature if it's not even capturing the URL.

IainB:
@mouser: This is looking very useful. It is a feature that I have wanted for some time for all my applications. It is already there in OneNote - original Copy of text from the Clipboard always pastes into OneNote with the source URL anyway.

I have "EVERY" paste selected, and the CHS paste template as:
%clip%
--------------------
Captured %CreationDateTime% from %Application%:
%Notes.withprefix%
--------------------

--- End quote ---

The behaviour I am getting on Paste is:

* If Paste is of the original Copy - i.e., immediately after Copy has been made, then the CHS template does not function. I think this may be because my AHK script forces the Paste to be made from the Clipboard buffer, with all formatting intact, so it bypasses the CHS processing.

* If Paste is of a prior Copy in the CHS stack, then the template functions fine.    :Thmbsup:
However, there is also some sporadic (doesn't happen every time) creation of new "canvas" rectangles on pasting into OneNote, rather than the Paste content staying within the canvas I had left the cursor in prior to making the paste - i.e., the pasted text does not always go where I wanted it to go. I have not figured out the conditions necessary to make this consistently repeatable yet.
ALSO: When I try to filter the Notes field for "http" in them, in a virtual folder, the filter does not seem to work (see image below). It may be that I am doing something wrong, or that you have not enabled Notes as a filtering field.

mouser:
Regarding filter, can you try using the field "Description" instead of Notes.. I named it Description in the database for some unknown reason.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version