ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS Request - Appending WindowsTitle, DateTime etc. within the clip

<< < (2/7) > >>

IainB:
@mouser: Thankyou! That could be quite handy! I would probably be able to make good use of such a facility, and have often wished for such - for similar reasons to @m9833.
Could I request that the user be able to define and preselect the "paste template" and its contents, and be able to establish a range of such "paste templates" to pick from?
This would be similar, for example, to the user's preset "Layouts" in CHS - which I happen to find very useful - and fast to switch between as well.

m9833:
A template approach as suggested by both Mouser and IainB will enable the user the exercise a lot of control over the appended text. Thanks for the idea.

For example a template can (probably) allow me to append a copied text in the following format, or in another format, if  I so wish:

(Blank line separating the copied text (or perhaps image) from the appended text)
(Dashed Line)
(Blank line separating the copied text (or perhaps image) from the dashed line)
This text has been copied on %DateTime%
The source of this text is %FileName% -- %WindowTitle% -- %URL% [Does this operator/field exist?]
(Blank Line)
(Starred Line)

:-)

rjbull:
This might be the earlier request for something similar: CHS feature request: smart copy/paste of hyperlinks

I used to have a similar need to m9833's.  ClipMate has templates that are text files with placeholders for the clip elements.  That would be a useful addition to CHS, allowing customized output "on the fly" without needing further massage, and without the hailstorm of Alt-Tabs I used to have to do to collect assorted bits from a Web page, including its URL, and pasting into a new file.

cranioscopical:
the hailstorm of Alt-Tabs
-rjbull (September 07, 2012, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
  ;D  ;D

IainB:
the hailstorm of Alt-Tabs
-rjbull (September 07, 2012, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, very apt description of what happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version