ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite computer game from when you were young?

<< < (9/28) > >>

Rover:
We played the Atari 2600 until our fingers bled.  I played Adventure for hours on end.  Found the magic dot, took it to the hall under the gold castle and entered the "secret" room.

Asteroids was hard to play using the joystick.  So we took a couple of old joysticks (cause the wore out fast) and made a couple of little button consoles laid out like the asteroids machine.  Radio shack was cool then. :)

Several years later I bought a used Major Havock machine from the local arcade.  Now THAT was cool.  Played that for a long time too.

jpfx:
elite on a BBC B by Ian Bell & David Braben.
It was a fantastic open-ended space trading sim with wire-frame graphics. My first experience with computers for recreation. It changed my life!  :-[

VSiAQ:
I'm only 17 this year...  8)

And my favourite computer games are The Sim and Uplink:Hacker Elite.  :-*

ToxMox:
This is the first PC game I can recall playing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Cauldron_%28game%29

I was hooked on PCs after that & all things Sierra.
King's Quest, Police Quest, Space Quest, Quest for Glory/Hero's Quest, LSL.
Man I really miss those games.  There are so many other non sierra games but it would take me way too long to name all the ones I was fond of. (Mean Streets, EOTB, Battlechess to name a few)

Rover:
There was a slideshow graphics adventrue game we played on the Apple ][+   I don't remeber the name of it, but  I do know that after you finally got the ruby slippers, you had to SAY WOOSH

There was another we played for a while called Swashbuckler.  You used the keyboard to swordfight computer opponents.  We kept trying to play it duing school but the teacher always busted us when he heard the noise it made.  So one of my classmastes wrote an assembler program to kill the sound.  :D

Ahh... the Apple ][ days....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version