ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite computer game from when you were young?

<< < (27/28) > >>

wraith808:
It's funny how many of the good old games were done by EA before their transformation to corporate tyrant, and how many of their games were innovative as opposed to now.
-wraith808 (June 02, 2009, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

IMHO, it think a lot of it had to do with Trip Hawkins being at the helm in the early days. EA lost its sense of humor and much of its soul after he left.
-40hz (June 02, 2009, 05:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think a lot of that soul was drained by EA going public- stockholder accountability can make a company do many things that are counterproductive to maintaining the happiness of it's user base.  It's very hard to maintain a balance between making your users happy and making your stockholders happy.

widgewunner:
... just curious, does this mod update the graphics of the original game, à la some kind of high-res pack?-lanux128 (June 03, 2009, 06:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, but there is a (beta?) high res pack available (from the same guys that developed TNM) for Deus Ex that some folks are running with TNM (see this thread). I haven't tried it because the original graphics seem just fine to me (I'm pretty easy to please graphics-wise).

lanux128:
thanks widgewunner, i've found a download link from the forums that you mentioned. going to try out this weekend. ;)

Innuendo:
Someone else in this thread mentioned it, but I'll bring it up again....the grand-daddy of all post-apocalyptic RPGs Wasteland. It had absolutely horrific graphics by today's standards (EGA), but it had a wonderful story & is another one of those wonderful intellectual properties that has been lost to the sands of time. I don't think anyone knows anymore who owns the rights to it so it has never been re-done.

wraith808:
I think fallout is the spiritual successor to wasteland.  Checkout fallout 2 for the best proof of that as some of the locales and npcs directly borrow from wasteland.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version