ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite computer game from when you were young?

<< < (26/28) > >>

wraith808:
It's funny how many of the good old games were done by EA before their transformation to corporate tyrant, and how many of their games were innovative as opposed to now.

40hz:
It's funny how many of the good old games were done by EA before their transformation to corporate tyrant, and how many of their games were innovative as opposed to now.
-wraith808 (June 02, 2009, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

IMHO, it think a lot of it had to do with Trip Hawkins being at the helm in the early days. EA lost its sense of humor and much of its soul after he left.

CodeTRUCKER:
... That's the famous Atari 2600's ET! The game that caused the video game crash in 1983 and almost killed Atari altogether in the process. You know about the millions of carts buried in New Mexico, don't you? ;D
-Lashiec (January 22, 2007, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Covering the world of corporate "strategies" is a veil that is best left undisturbed.   ;)

Paul Keith:
Had to slap my head over this. Yuu Yuu Hakusho was a popular anime over here when I was a kid but since the game was SD and Japanese, I didn't realize I was playing a game about the anime until I squinted at the image.

Still holds a special place in my heart for being the:

1st rpg I've played before I knew what that word was about

1st action rpg I've played where it didn't revolve on puzzles but on kicking ass (something I only rekindled when I played Shenmue)

1st full modeled rpg characters with SD counterparts (again, something I didn't encounter again until I've played FF7)

1st game where special powers change in appearance as they grow stronger instead of having to buy and equip them

Only game I played where there's a brief sequence where a guy on foot was chasing a car

1st game I played where you can switch characters and they weren't a pallette color design of their counterparts and all had different moves but wasn't a fighting game

1st game I played where you beat up characters to recruit them and the characters were bosses (which made them extra special for the time)

1st game I played where the bosses had more than 1 form

lanux128:
Currently I'm playing the recently release DX mod: "The Nameless Mod" (its almost as deep and wide as the original).-widgewunner (May 18, 2009, 10:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

just curious, does this mod update the graphics of the original game, à la some kind of high-res pack?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version