ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite computer game from when you were young?

<< < (24/28) > >>

Veign:
Did I spend a lot of hours playing Boulderdash.  I still play it every now and again through Mame32.

RedPillow:
ahh, ofcourse!

My favourites were totally:

Raptor The 2D flighting game!!!!
Lemmings The 2D Puzzle game!!!!

Shades:
Myself, I was always amazed about the quality of Turrican (C64) and R-Type (C64). I Spend a lot of time playing those. There was also one game on the C64 that allowed you to command a team of persons (each with different spec's) and fly away into space. Ships you encountered could be fought/traded with/entered etc. Planets and it's cities + houses could be entered and could result in trade, fighting, missions etc. Besides, you could also (strip) mine planets for resources.

40hz:
I could never narrow it down to just one. ;D

M.U.L.E., Seven Cities of Gold, Elite, and Ultima III Exodus on the Commodore 64

-------------

Zork on the TRS-80. One of the best text adventures ever written

-------------

Cosmic Osmo (first Cyan game) on the Macintosh

Also check out this great link if you're interested in When Multimedia Was Black & White:

http://www.smackerel.net/black_white_01.html

OK. OK. If forced, I'd have to say Elite was my favorite. 8)

widgewunner:
My first game was in 1975 as a freshman in college: "Moon Lander" (numerics only) which ran on my friends HP-25 programmable calculator. In 1981-82 I spent a lot of time playing "Dungeon" (text only) on the PDP-11 at my first engineering job (it was then that I discovered that I had an addictive personality - and then swore off video games). I had a relapse in 1985 with "Star Glider" on an Atari 520ST and again in the early 90's with "Sim City" and "Wolfenstein 3D" on the PC. I then stayed "clean" for quite a while.

But in 2000, I got a new system and the video card came with several free games. One of these was "Deus Ex". It took a year before I finally got around to installing it, but once I did, I was floored. What a cool game! Spent a couple months inside that world. Currently I'm playing the recently release DX mod: "The Nameless Mod" (its almost as deep and wide as the original). Another cool (underrated) game is "SimCopter" - my favorite second only to DeusEx.

Cool thread!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version