ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite computer game from when you were young?

<< < (11/28) > >>

superboyac:
Dude, where are the old school pc guys?  Anyone remember these classics?  I had an Apple IIe, and later, a IBM 486.

Prince of Persia
Another World (or Out of this World)
Castle Wolfenstein
Bruce Lee
Aztec
Bard's Tale
Spear of Destiny
Star Control (oh yeah!)

Veign:
Bard's Tale - What a great game.  Me and my brother used to stay up until 4:00am playing Bard's Tale on the Apple IIc.

koncool:
4D Prince of Persia (which was freeware from the beginning, contrary to popular belief) rocked... Another World and Flashback which is mistakenly thought as its sequel were really nice games as well, actually I was stuck at some level in the latter so I recall getting very angry on it and abandoning it for Capitalism :D

superboyac:
There were parts of Another World that were excruciatingly difficult to pass.  I still remember this part where you had to take an elevator to the bottom, run to the left and immediately shoot as soon as the next screen appeared.  The timing was soooo hard.  Remember the ending?  you hop on the flying dragon with the translucent red wings and fly away!  Oh man, that's great!

I've never heard of Flashback...

Rover:
superboyac - 486 = old school  :o  I don't think so  ;D

I remembered another classic... Montezuma's Revenge for DOS 2.1.  It was amazing how much they could cram into 18k.  That's kilobytes, not MB.

I used to play on a 3270-PC.  It was an early model IBM, that had integrated 3270 emulation as well as DOS.  5.25" floppy (360k) and a whopping 10M drive.  The stupid emulation software took 128k or more RAM and like a whole 1.5 M of HD.

Sometimes, I don't miss the DOS days  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version