ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite computer game from when you were young?

<< < (28/28)

Innuendo:
Too late...I bought both Fallout 1 and 2 when they hit the shelves & have played them both through more than once.

I'm working my way through Fallout 3 & I'm having a blast with it. One just has to keep in mind that it is more of a spiritual successor to Fallout 2 (much like Fallout 1 was the spiritual successor to Wasteland like you mentioned) rather than a traditional sequel. I've been downloading some mods off of Fallout Nexus & some of them have me giddy like a schoolgirl.

But....I'd love to see an updated Wasteland using the latest state of the art graphics, game mechanics, and UI.

steeladept:
What is funny is how many people actually bought it. Every time I buy out someone's full collection of old atari games, this one is almost always in it. (I buy old atari collections at yard sales)
-app103 (January 19, 2007, 10:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I might still have some around for you if you are interested, App, but it too has that game.  ;D

wraith808:
Too late...I bought both Fallout 1 and 2 when they hit the shelves & have played them both through more than once.
-Innuendo (June 04, 2009, 01:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

When I said 'check out' I meant look at the references- I pretty much assumed you would have already heard of it, if not played it.  There was actually supposed to be a sequel, but I never played it.

As far as who owns the rights, apparently Brian Fargo acquired them back in 2003, and has apparently said that he's looking at doing a sequel, but that's only second hand information.

Innuendo:
I knew what you meant, but I was just having a little bit of fun.  Yeah, I know...I'm easily entertained. :)

I played Fountain of Dreams & when the page you linked to said it was a disappointment to Wasteland fans the person who wrote that was being very kind, to say the least.

I didn't know about Brian Fargo owns the rights to Wasteland. While I respect what he did for the original I'm not so sure the people over at DuckAndCover are doing the right thing for putting so much faith in him doing a better job than Bethesda. Looking at that Line Rider and what they did to The Bard's Tale his company isn't exactly showing that they are going in the right direction.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version