ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite computer game from when you were young?

(1/28) > >>

mouser:
We were talking on the irc channel about our favorite computer games from our childhoods.

all you young kids can just sit back and read this thread to see how games used to look, when there was no such thing as a first person shooter.

my girlfriend and i loved the lucasarts graphic adventure games and used to play them a lot.
our two favorites:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_Tentacle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_Island_2:_LeChuck%27s_Revenge

brotherS:
I enjoyed playing Ports of Call. You needed to ship stuff from A to B - needless to say that lots of decisions had to be made, including rescuing cast-aways, shipping weapons illegally yes or no, what kind of ships to buy, etc. etc. :)

masu:
i think my favourite Games were

Tetris - just make you addicted to it
Super Mario Land
Tie-Fighter - superb storyline

Eóin:
I really enjoyed the two Ultima underworld games. I played them on a 386 which couldn't really handle them, I remeber that nothing could jump out and surprise you because whenever the game tried you could hear the harddirve buzzing and you knew to expect what was coming.

Also remember a game called Reunion, it came on something like 8 floppies and took ages to install.

Oh and finally, the grand-daddy of all RTS's; Dune 2, loved that game.

app103:
I remember when there wasn't any video games.

The Atari 2600 didn't come along till I was a teen.

I still have mine, it still works, and I still play it.

Super Breakout in progressive mode is still one of my favs (game #7)
I am also prone to serious addictions to Ms Pacman.

My all-time fav to play with a group of people is Activision's Decathalon.
It might have something to do with the particular joystick I own.
It's a deluxe one that is meant to be very loose and it's much faster to move in the game if you hold it in one hand and just shake it as fast as you can rather than moving it back & forth like a normal joystick. This kind of looks 'suggestive' when you see someone else do it. A lot of laughs watching people shake that stick.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version