ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

aShampoo Burning Studio 11

<< < (5/5)

chrisa52:
Been using it for years. Fairly light footprint.
They issue an update about every 12 months. I always wait for deals to pick up newer versions around $10.

As others have noted Nero is just bloated and hard to get around unless you use it every day.
Does what it says. I recommend it highly.

Stoic Joker:
And for dvd production, i use professional quality tools only because I am an obnoxiously picky person and like to complicate my life needlessly.-superboyac (September 26, 2012, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

And we like that about you. :) So what are you using for DVD burning/producing?

superboyac:
And for dvd production, i use professional quality tools only because I am an obnoxiously picky person and like to complicate my life needlessly.-superboyac (September 26, 2012, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

And we like that about you. :) So what are you using for DVD burning/producing?
-Stoic Joker (September 27, 2012, 10:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, last time I played around with it, DVDfab was the acclaimed recommendation, and I liked it also.  It's flexible and powerful, perhaps a little complicated, but it's a complicated thing to make dvd menus and stuff if you want to customize every little thing.
I found the most annoying part of the whole process converting the videos into the proper dvd format (video_ts, etc.).  It takes a long time, it's complicated, huge files, very annoying.  It is this precise reason why i don't really do this often...it takes too long.

In my opinion, dvd's and their format is old hat.  Time to move on.  I like mkv files because mkv has a lot of features.  It would be cool to be able to purchase an mkv file eventually.  So currently I'm more interested in mkv creation tools vs dvd creation tools.  I don't think you can have menus in mkv files, but you can have chapters within the files and multiple audio streams and subs.  So in one file, you can shove in a whole bunch of stuff.  If I were a producer, I'd look into suites that can output mkv files with lots of customizeable options.

For video editing, after trying a bunch of suites, i settled on sony vegas.  Haven't tried outputting to mkv yet.  This is off topic...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version