ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Help me Improve my Culinary Card Game for Kickstarter: Cooking Party Cards

<< < (12/13) > >>

wraith808:
I'd put in some extra leeway into your figures seeing how its gone with others who have done first games on kickstarter.  Going with about 10% would set your goal at $25,000.

mouser:
Good idea.. I can also get more precise production costs.. those are just educated guesses.

One thing this doesn't address is what kind of kickstarter "perks" or stretch goals should be set up.

* Obviously one perk level will be a copy of the game;
* Another could be be limited edition expansion deck packs (mixed drinks, thai ingredients, etc.);
* A perk for large funders could be an immediate prototype copy of the game (inkjet printed) while waiting for final production.
Any other ideas for kickstarter perks or stretch goals?

wraith808:
First - to reduce costs and to set the bar lower for production, set the minimal costs at B&W artwork.  Then have a stretch goal for color.  Maybe the baseline could also use clip art type art- and a stretch goal for original art.  You could also have stretch goals for a better stock of cards.  I guess what I'm saying is to take your goal for the cards, and reduce it to the bare minimum to give it a better chance of getting funded.  Then the stretch goals make it better.  There's also expansions as stretch goals.

As far as perks - something special to denote the judge could work.  One level for the basic game with no cards- just the rules and templates.  One for the full game, and one for the full game with overproduction type stuff, i.e. tokens included (which could instead be a stretch goal).  Perhaps by default the tokens could be a punch-out sheet, then as a donation level the tokens become chits instead.  Or that could be a stretch goal.

There's also the non game perks, i.e. artwork, t-shirts, mugs, etc.

What I find is that there seem to be a couple of schools of thought:
1. Make different perk levels to get people to get involved at a higher level, or
2. Make more stretch goals to get more people involved

It's just a matter of finding a balance between the two, though I think the second is better.  A low level to get in (with an underproduced game), then stretch goals to make it as extravagant as the player base wants it will get you two things: (1) a larger player base and (2) the production costs on the extras will be less.

(Also, I like writing this stuff down... I'm still working through my kickstarter idea, and bandying these sorts of decisions around... so this helps me vocalize stuff also. :))

mouser:
Updated first post with new screenshot of game contents (cards, chips, rulebook, etc.)

mouser:
Game play sample photo (illustrates the sample game in the new rule book):

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version