ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why not to bother with being "loyal" to Microsoft brands

<< < (3/4) > >>

IainB:
Isn't one of the problems with One Note that you cant export?
... or am I wrong there?
-tomos (September 01, 2012, 03:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Good question. I would have no idea of an objective answer though, and I bet there are lots more pros and cons.
Sooo...Who's up for doing a OneNote Mini-Review on the DC Forum?
That could be quite helpful for a lot of people.    :)

We might even consider doing a group PMI (De Bono) on it. Collective/collaborative input.
We could do it in Google docs and post the synthesis to the DC Forum.
Just a thought.

40hz:
... or am I wrong there?
--- End quote ---

Starting with 2007 you can. Choices for filetype are PDF, XPS, MHT, DOC and DOCX along with a OneNote section (.one).

tomos:
... or am I wrong there?
--- End quote ---

Starting with 2007 you can. Choices for filetype are PDF, XPS, MHT, DOC and DOCX along with a OneNote section (.one).
-40hz (September 01, 2012, 05:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sry, I wasnt clear - I meant to be able to move everything out - in a format that I can import it elsewhere.

Curt:
-if no other program can do all that OneNote can do, then there is no other program to export everything to, I would say. But of course I don't know.

-----
At the moment I am working with some older documents written in Word 2003, and I am having troubles with my new third-party programs editing them without ruining them. Actually I was thinking this very afternoon (before I knew about this thread) "I wish I had stayed loyal to Microsoft (Office)!"

But of course that is not some music service, or what it is the original post was about.

tomos:
-if no other program can do all that OneNote can do, then there is no other program to export everything to, I would say. But of course I don't know.
-Curt (September 01, 2012, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
good point :)
And it does sound very good/versatile what I've heard about it.

At the moment I am working with some older documents written in Word 2003, and I am having troubles with my new third-party programs editing them without ruining them. Actually I was thinking this very afternoon (before I knew about this thread) "I wish I had stayed loyal to Microsoft (Office)!"-Curt (September 01, 2012, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

... of course then there's the possibility that you'd have similar trouble in Word 2010 with Word 2003 docs...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version