ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

modular, borderless monitors suggestions please?

<< < (3/3)

superboyac:
I don't think, other than Apple's retina display, anyone has any pc displays that can go higher than 1080p.
-superboyac (August 31, 2012, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't be too sure about that... :)
-Stoic Joker (August 31, 2012, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not sure I saw what you meant to show me.  I see that there's a resolution there that's listed as higher than 1080p with a 144dpi.  I should clarify, what's unique about Apple's retina display is the pixel density which is 300dpi I think.

For the purposes of this discussion, I guess I don't need pixel density since it's going to be a video wall.  But I do think i want 1080p minimum for each monitor.  Why?  Let's say I have 9 monitors, and I want to use just one to show a 1080p video.  I want that video to look right or good or whatever.  I don't want a monitor with less than 1080p playing a 1080p video.  Now, if any of these video wall monitors are higher than 1080p (I don't think it exists or is available currently) that isn't necessarily good because then a 1080p playing in fullscreen will have to upscale or something.  Since 1080p is the standard right now, maybe that's what I'm looking for.

After a few hours of research yesterday, it's looking like a 1080p Samsung video wall is the ideal solution right now.  Unless I find something better, I'll contact them next week.

The other thing I don't understand: what is the difference between Microsoft's Pixelsense computer, and other large touchscreen monitors that can run Windows on it?  Pixelsense has some cool, custom software on it...that's the only thing I see.  The laternative, a regular Windows 7 installation on a very large touchscreen, seems like it would be more flexible since I can use all the regular Windows freeware/software on it.  But it wouldn't have some of the really nifty features of Pixelsense.  Maybe I'll have both: a Pixelsense table, and another wall-mounted regular Windows touchscreen.  One can be used for small collaborative meetings (Pixelsense), and the other can be used for doing less cool looking, but more poweruser activities, using touch controls.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version