ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 15 less of a memory hog

<< < (28/28)

dantheman:
That is true 40hz!

However, i find i get much less of any problematic issue with Firefox than with Opera (which i would like to prefer).
With regards to memory usage, i don't know about present Firefox Aurora but Opera-Next and Google Chrome are doing a "good" job at using more and more memory. Something that i would have least expected from Opera.

TaoPhoenix:
Random tidbit of news: Monster.com is misbehaving since I downloaded the beta. I tried disabling a couple of the add-ons, but I'm not sure what all is going on yet.
-TaoPhoenix (October 07, 2012, 10:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Update:
It might be involving history and cookies. I had it set to "never remember history", but maybe Monster.com is really aggressive with history, so that it kept getting shut out.

MilesAhead:
I see FF 16 went Release Channel today. There's a download link on FileHippo. Don't see one for Portable yet.  I remembered how to fix my bookmarks bar with SyncPlaces(not that it was difficult. I'm just forgetting since I rarely use it.)

I tried installing to a different folder so as not to hose 14.01.  But Speed dial can't find images. I'm reluctant to overwrite 14.01 until I get an indication 16 is not flaky. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version