ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 15 less of a memory hog

<< < (27/28) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
I just tried installing. No bookmark toolbar. I just didn't want the hassle so I took it off. 14.01 is good enough for the time being.  Chromium is my primary anyway. I mainly bring up FF if the site balks with the multi-media delay(I set chromium to block everything and right click to run video/audio clips etc.. some sites can't handle that hitch in the timing.)

-MilesAhead (October 06, 2012, 09:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think it's there, View-Toolbars, check on Bookmarks Toolbar.

Maybe it's off by default. I personally don't use/like bookmarks so I have it off for the vertical screen space.

MilesAhead:
It's checked in View Menu. But even though I have a folder named Bookmarks Toolbar, it doesn't display it. I forget how to get SyncPlaces to download. That fixes all the bookmark stuff in one go. Guess I just didn't have the patience to mess with it.  14 seems good. :)

TaoPhoenix:

Random tidbit of news: Monster.com is misbehaving since I downloaded the beta. I tried disabling a couple of the add-ons, but I'm not sure what all is going on yet.

J-Mac:
There are a few sites using Flash that I cannot keep open without Firefox freezing. Even locks up Windows Explorer. Newegg.com is one; anytime I open a product page Firefox becomes non-responsive. Others have reported the same. Also, at times I can easily view movies, etc. on Amazon's Instant Video library; other times it freezes Firefox completely. Weird...

Thanks!

Jim

40hz:
Haven't run into to many Flash issues recently. But YouTube does occasionally lock up FF15. Still.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version