ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 15 less of a memory hog

<< < (18/28) > >>

40hz:
^might be a function of the theme? On the FF default it shows as light gray on a black or very dark gray background on my machine.

-/-

Re: SessionMgr - Thx. Will definitely check it out.  :Thmbsup:

Renegade:
I would love to see a Venn diagram of what people here use for FF/Fx/whatever extensions. I loathe installing anything at all anymore for almost any reason, and really need to be CONVINCED to try something new now.

40hz:
About the only FF extension I'd absolutely call necessary is NoScript - although Ghostery is getting close to what I'd consider a second 'must have.'

(It is 'FF ' btw - no matter what the heretics may say. )  :P  ;)

f0dder:
About the only FF extension I'd absolutely call necessary is NoScript - although Ghostery is getting close to what I'd consider a second 'must have.'-40hz (September 08, 2012, 09:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think I'd put AdBlock+ above NoScript - it gets rid of the most nasty (sources of) JavaScript, and ads as well. Security-wise, NS does do a bit more good, though.

(It is 'FF ' btw - no matter what the heretics may say. )  :P  ;)-40hz (September 08, 2012, 09:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
:Thmbsup:

kilele:
I always install these addons on FF

adblock, flashblock, quickjava, browser protect
scrapbook, session manager
download status bar, download helper
swiffout
qtl15

I'll check out Ghostery,
some recommendation for a rss reader ?

Navigation