ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 15 less of a memory hog

<< < (11/28) > >>

daddydave:

Even worse, i think opting out from installing the "adware/toolbar" i was unable to even run the browser.  :(
I've got Windows 7 Home Ed. 64 bit at present time so it should work just the same no?

-dantheman (September 01, 2012, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I was able to opt out and then the new version of Waterfox installed fine. Try it again!

dantheman:
DaddyDave, Waterfox installation worked this time but it uses more resources than Firefox 15.
It also has CPU spikes that i don't see with Firefox.

Tanks anyway.

But i'm really impressed by the overall performance of this Firefox 15!  :Thmbsup:

So i think i'm going to be content for a long time to come.

40hz:
Ok...just went through my FF add-ons for this machine and disabled Stylish and Tin Eye Reverse Image Search - and now FF15 is flying. (Note: machine is Core2-Duo running @2G/800 w/4Gb RAM)

<<Foul buzzer sounds and 40hz raises his hand so they can get his number>>

Guess I'll have to retract my earlier negative comments and apologize to the FF team. :-[

dantheman:
You're funny 40hz!  :D

Mind you, i haven't finished testing F15 yet.
Still have to see how it responds to 5,000 opened tabs.
I rarely have more than 4 or 5 tabs opened but from what i've read elsewhere,
some people just don't seem to have enough tabs open.  :P

40hz:
You're funny 40hz!  :D
-dantheman (September 01, 2012, 03:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I get like that when I'm embarrassed about posting something stupid because I overlooked something obvious. :redface:

re: Tabs

Yeah...I'm amazed by the number some people keep open. Like you I seldom have more than three or four going at a time. And I close them almost as fast as I'm done with them. Still, I guess it's all how you're used to working. I use RSS feeds a lot, and I'll save stuff to either Pocket or Scrapbook so I seldom worry about missing or losing something I want to read. "Different strokes for different folks!" as the old song goes.
 :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version