ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 15 less of a memory hog

<< < (22/28) > >>

Ath:
+1, sometimes there seem to be some parts of the text moving/wiggling :o and not scrolling, other parts of the text then do not move/wiggle; if the mouse is moved to another area of the page the scroll function returns.
I'm using WaterFox 15, so it seems like a common FireFox 15 issue as both are built from the same codebase :(

kilele:
One thing that might help is using Flashblock, above all when browsing youtube or sites with videos, it leaves icons on the sites instead of allowing videos/flash to load automatically.
Another useful extension is quickjava, to able/disable js,java,flash,images..by means of buttons.
I've also found better performance disabling hardware acceleration on the flash plugin..

f0dder:
I'm getting the mousewheel-scroll problems as well - seems to happen on certain HTML elements, as if the mwheelup/mwheeldown is sent to (and gobbled up by) the element.

40hz:
^I'm seeing a lot of exactly that on YouTube pages.

f0dder:
^I'm seeing a lot of exactly that on YouTube pages.-40hz (September 12, 2012, 09:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
To be fair, that normally involves flash, and flash is evil and input-greedy :) - I'm seeing it now and then here at DoCo - mostly at the green reply-quote boxes. At other sites, it can be stuff like links. Doesn't always happen, but not sure entirely what causes it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version