ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Fake Reviews: Amazon's Rotten Core

<< < (8/8)

mouser:
Thanks for understanding  :Thmbsup:

What I was trying to get at with the comment about "real" thread is that I think politics+religion don't really belong on DC, but they especially doesn't belong in active threads that are productively discussing some other issue.  Injecting such issues into an active thread is harmful and likely to derail things -- even if the diversion to politics and religion starts out harmlessly and without controversy -- because it inevitably gets ugly.

f0dder:
What I was trying to get at with the comment about "real" thread is that I think politics+religion don't really belong on DC, but they especially doesn't belong in active threads that are productively discussing some other issue.  Injecting such issues into an active thread is harmful and likely to derail things -- even if the diversion to politics and religion starts out harmlessly and without controversy -- because it inevitably gets ugly.
-mouser (August 31, 2012, 02:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry. There are things that definitely don't belong on DoCo, since we want to keep a friendly environment for everybody. Sometimes people (read: stupid f0dder :)) get carried away, and I hope we can all end up getting along even if we're radically opposed. We obviously have some issues we're pretty darn passionate about, but even if you're a flaming religious person and I'm a flaming atheist, I'm sure there's some thing we don't disagree about.

And while I obviously know that I AM RIGHT :P, I will try not rubbing it in your face... until the next time this happens... when we'll settle things peacefully once again. I don't wish to quarrel, but just like you guys, I have "just no shadow of doubt." :)

I hope we can coexist peacefully with the occasional blurt when the other side seems too ludicrous - I certainly mean you no harm, I just have a different belief. And I'll try not to impose in on you, as I value the rest of DoCo too much.

barney:
I'm sure there's some thing we don't disagree about
-f0dder (August 31, 2012, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Obviously there's one (1) commonality already - DC  :up:!  Another tends to be software/development, a good part of the time  :up:.  Then there's the urge just to help others  :up: :up:.  I cannot think of a higher calling that that last.  And that's what DC, as a group, as a community, does.  On a regular basis, the DC community comes to the assistance of all and sundry :-*. (Dismounts soapbox, stores it for further usages, retreats into the crowd.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version