ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Create dll file to change title bar of a software forever

(1/3) > >>

festi19:
I want to create something that will change forever the title bar of a software. Is it possible?

Krishean:
Yes, this is possible, and there are multiple ways to achieve it.

You can modify the software itself to change the title bar text with hex editing, but this may change where the same text is displyed in other parts of the program (note: this may violate the eula of the program, you would have to check.)
You can create a program to change the text after the program has loaded (easy way.)
You can create a dll that changes the text after the program has loaded.
You can create a dll that hooks certain apis to watch for changes to the title bar and keep it set to your custom text (harder to do, but effective.)

festi19:
Thanks for posting, I tried with hex editor doing it, but with no success. I haven't seen there any place when the title is, but I will try it once again. If this doesn't success, I think the best solution is creating a dll and put it in the folder that software is installed, so that will change the title forever. I would be glad if you could help me doing it somehow, because I'm new at the programming field and don't know much stuff.

I will post again after trying hex editor and tell the results.

AndyM:
There's an AutoHotkey command (WinSetTitle) that will do this.

Ath:
A lot of software sets it's Window title dynamically, so one of the solutions suggested by Krishean is probably most effective.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version