ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Images unexplainably changed

<< < (2/3) > >>

tomos:
I think the question is:
what changed?

I'm presuming you would have told us about new hardware. Could it simply be monitor aging, or does that fact only some files changed rule that out?

Giampy:
what changed?
-tomos (August 28, 2012, 05:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's just the point: in my PC and monitor nothing is changed.

Any Internet page, any program, any photo, the desktop, and so on... everything is fine for years. Some weeks ago instead, those few photos have spontaneously got that slightly red veil. No reason.

I have realized that veil is not permanent. If I open/close the viewer more times, if I jump among the photos, that veil sometimes disappears and the next time it may appear again.

Shades:
With the last description you might entertain the possibility that you experience the first signs of a "dying" monitor.

Giampy:
My monitor is perfect. No doubt. Those few photos instead still show their variable behaviour without a known reason.
I feel the reason is a software matter. I suspect the viewer of XP ("rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1") is conditional on something... but I don't still understand what.

In the meantime, since 29 August, have you got some idea?

barney:
Did at one (1) time have a CRT monitor that utilized channels (whatever that meant  :-\).  I'd get varying image output depending upon what else was happening - graphically, I presume, but don't know that for certain.  The monitor in question - do not recall the brand, damn it - required special/specific drivers, beyond the standard fare.  Could this be a driver conflict issue?  Don't have a clue how you'd hunt it down, though, other than trial and error.  (Note that the drivers in question were self-updating ... one of the reasons I ditched that particular monitor ... I want more control than that  :huh:.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version