ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: sort of launcher for command lines with parameter in a pre-defined place

<< < (9/12) > >>

hamradio:
OK :]

Well then, would it be possible to use <appdir> in the command prefix, just like in the image path ?
That would allow for the user to get his custom scripts in a sub-folder of the program, thus improving portability — this way I could share the whole thing with my colleagues by sending them an archive.

Also, would it be possible to :
- have a visual "thing" to let the user know whether or not a button asks for confirmation without going in editor mode ? (For now I'm "cheating" by manually adding a "*" to the end of the button caption)
- have an option for a button not to use the Variable/target parameter (so the same interface can be used to run a command on the local machine which does not need or accept a target parameter, such as "ipconfig /flushdns")
- let the user place "separations" (such as a forced "carriage return" or even a horizontal line) between some groups of buttons ?
- let the user define a constant size that would apply to all buttons (so they get kinda aligned in the interface as if it were a table) ?

Edit : I almost forgot : an button or menu item to clear history ? ;)
-ConstanceJill (October 19, 2012, 06:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

1. would it be possible to use <appdir>... <- Let me see what I can do after finishing up the global button properties dialog. Added to prefix + suffix(incase needed there too).

2. have a visual "thing"... <- Would tacking it on the tooltip a couple lines down from your custom tooltip work, so as not to take up more status bar space or would you like it in the status bar?

3. - have an option for a button not to use the Variable/target parameter (so the same interface can be used to run a command on the local machine which does not need or accept a target parameter, such as "ipconfig /flushdns") <- Should be able to simply leave the variable/target parameter blank and just click a button as it is now if thats not the case let me know.

4. let the user place "separations"... <- Think I already got that in the version you have but doesn't do too well with the different sizes. Hopefully will be fixed with the use custom button properties toggle I have been working that allows global size of buttons and possibly a few other button layout settings like icon on top/bottom of text perhaps.  If you want it for now just set button caption to separator and it knows to add it as a separator instead of a button. <- Works better when use custom global button properties is enabled in latest version.

5. - let the user define a constant size... <- Already in the version I have been working on.

:)

Ath:
I'm ironing out a few quircks from WinButtons, caused by the 'showParams' feature I introduced in version 3.6, but I can show a teaser screenshot:

Expect an update-release later today, I'm doing some more tests and updating the readme files.

hamradio:
As always not responsible if it borks things on your end, but here the updated version is...

Let me know what you think...

Screenshots:

Without separator test...

With separator test...

Download: http://carrolld.dcmembers.com/downloads/crap.zip
Note: It should be refreshed on the server if not let me know.

A couple tips:

* You can use \n in the button caption for a new line.
* You can also use Separator as the button caption to add a separator instead of a button in which case nothing else needs to be entered into the add dialog.

Ath:
Things took a little bit longer then expected :( but hey, this is software, and software is never finished 8)

I've released minor updates for WinButtons 3.6.0.2 and WinButtonEdit 1.1.0.2 in this message, click through to the release message for a couple of screenshots, and the official downloadlink.

The configuration showing the screenshot 2 posts up is also included as ConstanceJill.wbuc.
2 feature requests not quite implemented yet:

* Remove history item/all items
* Quick Button Create/Edit screen
I'll be working on that though...

ConstanceJill:
Thanks guys :}

I will try to play around with both of these :D

About point the option of emptying the target field to run a local command, I think it would be preferable if the user doesn't need to do that (and then perhaps reload the last used name in that field), in particular since that command never works on distant machines anyway. That would feel kinda "cleaner" to me ;)

Edit : looks like I can't get the \n trick to work in the latest version of CRAP ? =(

Edit 2 : Huh, I ran WinButtons by dragging and dropping the ConstanceJill.wbuc file on the EXE and it looks like it's working OK, except the "close" button isn't responsive (?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version